Dunce Cap: Exocists Are Funny, Too!

Topic started by sotyfan16 on Dec. 21, 2011. Last post by sotyfan16 2 years, 12 months ago.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Welcome Vicers to another exciting episode of Dunce Cap! This is the last one I have right now but I figured I might as well keep the content stream rolling. Today's episode is on Blue Exorcist Vol. 1-3 from Viz Media! This one is in the medium-length range. Enjoy!

WARNING! This video contains explicit language. Also, this video is not edited in any way.

Want to guest-host an episode of Dunce Cap? Go here!

Please feel free to provide suggestions for an anime or manga for me to talk about and I will do my best to oblige. Also, if you are curious about anything discussed in this-or previous-episode(s) don't hesitate to ask me for more information/opinions.

Last episode: I Pray For a Catgirl Charm

-Will McQuigg ( sotyfan16) is your everyday anime/manga enthusiast. You can also find him on Twitter ( bildo_88).

Post by takashichea (14,322 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

If I only brought my headphones into the library today, I could have listened. Epic fail on my part.

Despite that, I know that you enjoyed Shura. It's not only about her boobies. It's how she kick ass, right? I'll ask some questions and comment later after I get the chance to listened. Where are the Blue Exorcist fans? I know we had some in this community.

Interestingly, I noticed how the Okumura boys are similar to the Supernatural's Winchester boys due to their problems and supernatural elements. (If you watched Supernatural animation or live adaptation.

@takashichea:

I've noticed that some of my stuff gets more traffic when you take part. Guess that means your followers are more loyal. lol And don't be ashamed to listen to me in the library. :D

I watched Supernatural (the US one) for a bit but didn't really like it. Don't want to watch the anime.

Post by takashichea (14,322 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@sotyfan16:

Thanks for the shout out! I'll tell Anna, the former duo: Hibaru and Dscythe911, Obsidian609, and the rest.

As for volume 3 ending with the manga, I haven't read the manga yet. All I know is the point where the anime and manga diverge in story. I also have issues remembering the Japanese names. I'm more used to English names or European names such as in Fairy Tail. I can't remember the names in Bakuman. It's so Japanese. For odd reasons, I'm good at remembering names in Bleach. I don't know why. There was an instance where I mixed up Bon for Konekomaru and Anna caught my mistake in like 3 episodes. That was a major goof.

For the blue flames, I remember in Avatar: The Last Airbender that the creators talked about how the red color of the flames represent righteous while the blue color is sinister, tricky, and devious. The blue color in Blue Exorcist is like a double meaning which is the same as Satan's role in this series. The lines of good and evil are blurry with the color blue.

I've noticed that some of my stuff gets more traffic when you take part. Guess that means your followers are more loyal.

Aw, man! You give me too much credit. I just tweet stuff and put links of other people on Facebook pages with my real name. Got to make an alibi for my identity.

@takashichea:

Vol. 3 ended when Shiemi got hurt from the butterflies in the forest during the start of the test to find the lanterns. I'm starting to form a habit of if I start the manga first I want to read up to where the anime stops before watching it. However, I think I'd have to wait half way through next year for this one since it's 25 eps long and only 5 volumes are out right now.

I've been doing the same with Fairy Tail and the nice thing is there is quite a bit of the manga out here but I still have to buy it and read it and the anime is already past 100 eps so I should go ahead and get caught up on it anyway.

I remember Bakuman names because I love the franchise. But unless I really devote to a series I have some trouble remembering names. Usually if I watch the anime I'll get them down.

Interesting addition with the blue flame info. I find it makes the franchise stand out.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel