Dressed to the 9

Topic started by gia on June 10, 2009. Last post by lanaswift 5 years, 1 month ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
This is another one of those posts where I'm not entirely sure how you guys'll react, since it's about a Hollywood CG animation film that, while it looks awesome, has no particular relation to anime or Japan, unless you count that Starz Media (owners of Manga Entertainment) are assisting the production.

On the other hand: it DOES look awesome, it IS animation, and it's also Tim Burton (squee!). I'm talking about 9, a feature film based on a 2005 short film by Shane Acker now being fleshed out. Set in a post-apocalyptic world where humans are dead, survived by small rag dolls that seem to live and breathe. Elijah Wood voices 9, the main character, who actually kind of reminds me of Simon-- a newcomer to a group of living ragdolls who manages to convince them that hiding from the killer machines that roam around isn't the best way to live.

If you're wondering where I'm going with this: I was just given the opportunity to share the first movie poster for 9 with you guys, so how can I not take that up? Here's the poster.

I've seen the trailer a couple of times and am, frankly, really excited-- anime or not, it's always good to see animated works that look like they have a brain, aren't for little kids, and will have a strong narrative.

How about you guys? Interested?
Post by JohnnySake (47 posts) See mini bio Level 1
The trailer you see in the theatres or on the Net is actually pretty cool. Between the music and action snippets you see, the movies comes off as looking pretty wild. Although the whole post-apocalyptic theme seems depressing, hopefully the "nine" can do something about it. Definitely a movie to see on 9-9-09.
Post by Cogito (478 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Yes! I have seen the trailers, do want.
Post by Deacon_Sephiroth (950 posts) See mini bio Level 2
interesting, hopefully more Nightmare before Christmas (forever memorable) and less Corpse Bride (instantly forgettable)
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
This actually looks to be pretty cool, and I know of at least one person who would be excited for this:
If you get this joke you are awesome.
If you get this joke you are awesome.

Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I saw this trailer about 3-4 months ago, and I've been dying of excitement ever since.
Post by Schwindelmagier (314 posts) See mini bio Level 6
It's Tim Burton, that's enough to make me go see it right there.
But yeah, I remember seeing the trailer for this. It does look pretty damn good.
Post by lanaswift (636 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Pretty off-topic, but yeah, this one also makes my giny tingle.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel