Doesnt anyone just hate harem protagonists?

Topic started by VinoVash1234 on Feb. 28, 2013. Last post by VinoVash1234 1 year, 7 months ago.
Post by VinoVash1234 (78 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Ive been watching a lot of harem animes, and boy oh boy dont the male protagonists piss me off.
Post by Acura_Max (2,380 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I admit that they do annoy me, but people don't watch harlem series for the male characters.

Post by Sonata (35,519 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Acura_Max said:

I admit that they do annoy me, but people don't watch harlem series for the male characters.

QFT
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Well, Tomoki (Heaven's Lost Property/Sora no Otoshimono) is the funniest, most "non-annoying" male lead characters that is in a harem that does not upset me. Have you tried it?

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@ShadowKnight508: That guy is probably the worst of all to me. He's super pervy and talks a good game but put him in a room with a girl who wants him and he bitches up and turns near homosexual like all the rest of 'em.

I don't think any of these guys need to be ultra suave players, but they're high school boys and they have these extreme rejections of any attractive girl with a crush on them which comes off as so fantastical. More fantastical than the fact that maybe some of the girls are aliens, demons, gods, robots, etc. None of them are ever like 80s/90s teen comedy guys who maybe just can't catch a break or the humor comes from them bungling every opportunity they get. I'd like to see that approach rather than the "eww gross, girls have cooties" approach.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,877 posts) See mini bio Level 12

"Harem" animes are just stupid to begin with.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I Have No Strong Feelings One Way Or The Other :)

Post by MarioRedfield (1,877 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Destinyheroknight:

Post by SMXLR8 (7,381 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@VinoVash1234: @Acura_Max: @sickVisionz: @Destinyheroknight: @MarioRedfield: Don't blame the character blame the authors LOL

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,037 posts) See mini bio Level 15
ousawa akatsuki is one of the few rare protagonists in a harem that is a true playa.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,743 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@MarioRedfield said:

"Harem" animes are just stupid to begin with.

Sorry for the late reply everyone, im new to animevice, so it took a while to get used to.
Post by Dream (7,907 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Only case where I've enjoyed a harem anime is the Tenchi Muyo OVAs, though mostly more for the girls, humor and some of the conflicts that the group confront than Tenchi.

Post by Acura_Max (2,380 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@VinoVash1234:

If you like movies and TV shows, be sure to check out Screened. You can find a link to the website at the bottom of the page.

@Dream: I havnt watched any of the Tenchi Muyo series, its popular though, is it good?

@Sonata: QFT???

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel