Do you want brand-new episode reviews on the front page? [READ BEFORE VOTING]

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Sept. 27, 2011. Last post by sickVisionz 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Absolutely, the front page needs more content!
  • It's at least worth a shot, go for it.
  • No thanks, I don't want to read about new anime.
Post by craigbo180 (6 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I very rarely visit the site but I feel I should tell you this seems like the only logical choice.
Post by DocHaus (925 posts) See mini bio Level 18

@ZombiePie: I'd be willing to let you drunkblog Maken-ki if you let me drunkblog Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai. Or maybe the other way around? We can compare which one turns out to be more watchable.

@Sparklykiss: Yes, Crunchyroll is free (except for the absolute newest eps.) and they have recently been acquiring a lot more licenses than before.

Also, side note: we still need to create wiki entries for several of the upcoming season's shows.

Post by DocHaus (925 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Bumping this to say that I've written a review on Episode 1 of MajiKoi, and when I get a moment I'll probably do one for Chihayafuru. Been hearing good things about that one.

Post by Muerthoz (14 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Yes, yes x1000. Would definitely like to see more discussion about new episodes. It's hard to read a Watch and Learn article about an episode that I watched around 2 moths ago and try to contribute to the discussion. When you're 6 episodes ahead of the current episode being discussed, it changes how you respond to discussion points being brought up by other users since you already know what's coming next and they might just be watching it for the first time.

I have a Crunchyroll account and am able to watch their new episodes the week they come out but I wouldn't mind if reviews came out a week late to allow for free viewers to have a chance to watch the shows without having to worry about spoilers.

Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18

@Newten:

Post by Bigheart711 (3,687 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I'm all for this idea since It'll only strengthen the site even further.

Post by Little_Socrates (45 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I don't think you could do better. I would recommend the Screened style if you feel like you can write that much about individual episodes, or you could go with the ComicVine style for quantity. Either would work effectively.

Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24

It can't hurt imo.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel