Do You RSS?

Topic started by gia on March 1, 2009. Last post by qraham 4 years, 3 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • I do not use Anime Vice's RSS feed.
  • I follow Anime Vice on the Twitter account.
  • I follow Anime Vice on Facebook.
  • I follow Anime Vice's RSS feed using another method.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
A i dont use any of those odnt have the time for extra stuff right now :)
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I prefer to follow Vice on Twitter, although I do use regular RSS feeds for most of my other anime news sites.

At least your Twitter links work, unlike a certain other site.
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I follow the news here by visiting the site. ^_^ I do use rss feed for other sites though.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Devilly said:
"A i dont use any of those odnt have the time for extra stuff right now :)
"
RSS feeds are a time saver for me. Instead of visiting several different websites throughout the day to keep up with news and blogs, I chec out Google Reader and scroll through everything in one place. So much easier.
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I follow the Vice on Twitter. It works fine, aside from the fact that it the article body gets cut off early due to the character limit.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I follow the Twitter.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I'm not much of a general RSS user to begin with. I like to just open up all my tabs at once using the bookmarks on Firefox.
Post by omo (113 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I use both twitter and RSS. RSS is somehow much slower to update however...
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
omo said:
"I use both twitter and RSS. RSS is somehow much slower to update however...
"
I've noticed that Google Reader is very slow to update our feed. That said, the Twitter operates off of the exact same feed, and I have the feed in Opera as well as Greader and it updates perfectly quickly there-- so I'm inclined to blame that on Greader, not RSS (or us). ;)
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I use Google Reader but not exactly for news (for keeping up to date on what I'm watching only). I have some sites on it, such as GB, but I never read the news there. That is why I won't add AV (or any other news site)... I know I won't read it. I just visit the forums of both AV / GB and read things (I almost never visit the front page - and nothing has changed with the redesign at GB).

I checked Twitter due to the "Official Twitter Thread" at GB (and now here)... but I don't think I'll use it (didn't even create an account). ^_^;
Post by YotaruVegeta (608 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I follow most newsy stuff through rss now. G Reader!
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
jlrm01 said:
"I use Google Reader but not exactly for news (for keeping up to date on what I'm watching only). I have some sites on it, such as GB, but I never read the news there. That is why I won't add AV (or any other news site)... I know I won't read it. I just visit the forums of both AV / GB and read things (I almost never visit the front page - and nothing has changed with the redesign at GB).

I checked Twitter due to the "Official Twitter Thread" at GB (and now here)... but I don't think I'll use it (didn't even create an account). ^_^;"
But then you miss out on weird stuff like when I tell Guy Cocker that The Lost and Damned "needed a bit more penis", my bold claim that "Robot Nina Haggle Man > Robot Ninja Haggle Man 2", and my semi-regular requests to help fill out certain articles (which actually work).
Post by DJTyrant (118 posts) See mini bio Level 2
E) I use Google Reader and Twitter to follow you :)
Post by HSaabedra (136 posts) See mini bio Level 4
omo said:
I use both twitter and RSS. RSS is somehow much slower to update however...
gia said:
omo said: "I use both twitter and RSS. RSS is somehow much slower to update however..." I've noticed that Google ... [more]
Google Reader as a whole is a poor substitute for a dedicated application like NewsGator since the Reader backend is dependent on server capacity, whereas NewsGator just polls directly. If Twitter was more reliable, I'd mashup a plugin that would aggregate Twitter feeds in real-time instead of depending solely on RSS.
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
DO I EVER! I don't use it for Animevice though, since Its one of the few sites that I check on regardless of new RSS info
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I dunno why, but I have the huge block against RSS.

It makes me feel dirty.
Post by AjayRaz (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
i don't even know what RSS is in the first place, and i never bothered to even look it up. 
could anyone help me out by telling me a bit about it? i'm too lazy 
Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I use the Twitter account and the standard RSS feed (through Google Reader).
Post by Magnathorax (167 posts) See mini bio Level 6
what is RSS?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel