Discussion Directory ~ Chat about New Anime & Manga!

Topic started by AnimeVicers on Nov. 8, 2013. Last post by takashichea 6 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by AnimeVicers (6 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Click on the buttons below to chat about new anime and manga! Older discussion threads can be found here.
You can chat about the latest episodes/chapters or work with other users on the wiki!

Ongoing Manga

Ongoing & Returning Anime

Spring Season Anime

Winter Season Anime

Fall Leftover Anime

Short Anime

Post by takashichea (10,921 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@AnimeVicers:

You may want to put Pupa under the shorts. It's confirmed to be a five minute show which is weird.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I organised it to match Anichart. Maybe 5 minutes is too long to be considered a short? Regardless, I'd rather keep it the same, it makes it so much easier to organise.

We should probably have more manga discussions. I wonder if people would use Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach threads or if the weekly posts on the front page are enough...

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

To me, a short is less than half of the episode which is 12 minutes. I just don't know about Pupa. I don't have an official source. ANN and Wikipedia don't mention anything about it.

I'll get back to you when I get solid evidence.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

Also, Fairy Tail isn't ongoing for the anime section. As for manga recommendations, I have to run a poll.

I don't know what manga series is popular in Anime Vice beside the HST, Fairy Tail, Magi - the Labyrinth of Magic, Hunter x Hunter, Beelzebub, Silver Spoon, and Vampire Knight which all of these are ongoing.

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea said:

@Daniel_Newton:

Also, Fairy Tail isn't ongoing for the anime section. As for manga recommendations, I have to run a poll.

I've already mentioned that to Daniel, he said it's announced to be back and we should keep it like this regardless.

I think it's strange to have Fairy Tail anime as ongoing while it clearly isn't, and at the same time we don't have One Piece or Naruto Shippuden as ongoing.

@takashichea: @bigz007: Right, I've changed "Ongoing Anime" to "Ongoing & Returning Anime" and I've combined the regular fall season anime with the shorts. Crisis averted!

@takashichea said:

Magi - the Labyrinth of Magic, Hunter x Hunter, Beelzebub

These three in particular sound like good ideas. Hunter x Hunter is still an ongoing manga? Does that mean the 2011 anime series has hundreds and hundreds of chapters to get through? That would be pretty cool, no filler for years!

@bigz007 said:

we don't have One Piece or Naruto Shippuden as ongoing.

That's only because we don't have discussion threads for them. If you'd like to start threads for them, follow the same format as the others (here's a good example) and call them:

• Naruto Discussion (Anime)
  • One Piece Discussion (Anime)

It's important to keep the anime and manga discussions separate to avoid spoilers. And before you ask, yes I left "Shippuden" out on purpose. I leave the subtitles out so the discussion still makes sense, even if a sequel season/series begins with a new subtitle.

If you don't want to, me or Taka will make them. Been meaning to for a while.

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Daniel_Newton said:

Hunter x Hunter is still an ongoing manga?

HxH was on hiatus. The word is that the manga is returning in December this year.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton: @bigz007:

Sorry for the late reply. We should create a Naruto and One Piece anime discussion. I want to unite a couple of independent wiki editors and fans in the community. I was watching them as always.

Do you want me to do it now?

@takashichea: Sure, go for it. Make sure you use the thread names I listed above. I'll add them to the directory when you're done.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton: @bigz007: DBZ Universe (for some reason, I can't find his name using @

I have to add more concepts, locations, and objects to the discussion threads' wiki section later.

I'll add One Piece later. Though, its collection of wiki is massive. I have to start a Naruto themed wiki bounty task. For Bleach, I did a "Race" theme like Quincy and Visored (technically not a race).

Let me know if you want to add discussions or wiki tasks. Be sure to check out the Fall 2013 anime threads located on this thread. Invite your friends.

Thank you.

Post by xlab3000 (1,363 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@takashichea: Thanks for the discussion threads.

Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@takashichea: Everything is going to plan!!!!!!!

Online Now

Posted the One Piece Discussion (Manga).

Anything else I can do for you guys and gals? Just call me when you need me.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

Pupa was pushed to the winter season. Now, it's airing on Crunchyroll this week, on Thursday as a full series. I recommend you watch it. It gives me the Oreimo vibe. Pupa is no longer a micro series.

For short series:

@takashichea said:

Anything else I can do for you guys and gals? Just call me when you need me.

We could probably do with anime discussion threads for One Piece and Naruto if you feel up to it.

Pupa was pushed to the winter season. Now, it's airing on Crunchyroll this week, on Thursday as a full series. I recommend you watch it. It gives me the Oreimo vibe. Pupa is no longer a micro series.

Nah I don't think so, Oreimo was basically a romantic comedy that turned into a harem in the second season. Pupa is some incest horror anime where the sister literally eats the brother. I'm up for giving most things a shot, even when they seem weird or gross at first glance (Mysterious Girlfriend X comes to mind) but Pupa doesn't interest me at all.

So far I'll be checking out Space Dandy and I'll definitely watch Maken-ki! Two, not sure about anything else just yet. I'm still behind on Golden Time and Infinite Stratos 2 at the moment, I've been busy watching True Blood.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

I'll ask the folks because I got requests to make discussion threads for the HST manga back in November. Most of the time, folks would prefer the manga over the anime. I see that a lot in battle folks, and I have been promoting the HST threads in the battle forums especially Toriko. I still haven't done the Kuroko's Basketball manga discussion for one user.

I'll see you in the Space Dandy discussion. It's a fun show if you like Fooly Cooly and Johnny Bravo combined with T and A.

@takashichea: There's no need to ask first. We make threads for all the new anime and we already have threads for other big shonen shows like Fairy Tail and Toriko, so it only makes sense to have threads for Naruto and One Piece as well.

I might check out Space Dandy tonight. I heard the dub is airing at the same time, I don't think that's ever happened before with anime. Not sure if I want to watch it dubbed or subbed, I guess I could check both out and see which I prefer.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

I feel like when you ask, the discussion thread will get more comments because the person who asked will invite their friends. Check out the Heaven's Lost Property Discussion. That was requested by Anime Defender.

Plus, a lot of folks don't know where the discussion threads are. I had folks ask me, and I point to this thread here and point to the left hand side under popular boards.

@takashichea: We just need to post in threads more so users will notice them. If they still miss them it's really their own fault for not looking around much. I think a lot of users just go to specific threads or boards and don't really notice anything else, we can't do much about that.

I know I'll be posting more soon. There are a bunch of threads I need to update and I think I'll start doing a lot more wiki editing, particularly on manga pages. Users seem to focus on anime pages and don't bother updating the manga, I'd like to see that change a bit this year.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel