Detective Time: What's Up With Tentacle Grape?

Topic started by gia on March 16, 2009. Last post by Nebs 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

So, naturally, I went forward and looked up the domain information for both TentacleGrape.com and MnemosyneLLC.com, both of which have the same phone number attached to them. (MnemosyneLLC.com also has a name, Julie Howe, in its registration info.) But the phone number is no longer in service.

Now, Tentacle Grape isn't Mnemosyne LLC's only project-- the company's site also displays a button for something called LOLCattz, which appears to be a defunct card game, and one for Rubies of Eventide, an MMORPG that the company published in '03. This game seems to still be running, because I haven't found anything about it being offline...although the official website is more or less broken now.

Sounds a little skeezy so far! I've sent an e-mail out to the address in the WHOIS info for Tentacle Grape and Mnemosyne, and at least neither has bounced so far-- I'll give you a heads up if I get more info. (Damnit, I wanted to try Tentacle Grape...)

Post by GMan (282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
I did ask the guy if he could send us some after i posted it here and our other sites. He said it'd take some time to 'milk' the tentacles (or something like that) and he'd send us a case.  Obviously it hasn't happened.  I haven't heard if anyone's pre-ordered and had any problems.  I sure am damn curious as to the taste.
Post by Nebs (106 posts) See mini bio Level 2

I preordered a case over two months ago.  Still haven't received it yet.  Already payed the $25 too....

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel