Death Note: Kira - Right or Wrong?

Topic started by xBlazingStar94x on April 9, 2013. Last post by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by xBlazingStar94x (40 posts) See mini bio Level 11

A friend asked me if I thought what Light was doing, as Kira, was right and if I was in the Anime or this was a real situation would I follow Kira or be against him.

I was really interested and thought about it a fair bit. I mean I saw where he was coming from and I always wounder was it truly evil. He defiantly turned evil towards the end but at the beginning of the anime, I saw where he was coming from. I think if he just killed murderers with solid evidence, then maybe I would support him. However, I am a big fan of L and was always on his side.

As a Death Note fan, I am really curious as to know what others think about what he was doing.

Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I think some of his ideals were fine but most of his actions and motivations weren't. Like, the idea of there should be less crime is a fine one. Actions and motivations like I want to be the judge, jury, and executioner for the entire planet until I've created a new society that I'm the god of... ehh, not so much.

@xBlazingStar94x said:

I mean I saw where he was coming from and I always wounder was it truly evil. He defiantly turned evil towards the end but at the beginning of the anime, I saw where he was coming from.

I've heard people say this before but Light was on the up and up for like 48 hours post-receiving the Death Note. He almost immediately developed a god complex and some of his acts in the early days of the series include murdering a grieving widow, killing a fake L because he didn't like his attitude, and other things that were pretty far from being good or having good intentions.

Post by bigz007 (1,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Light was wrong for trying to kill L on TV and killing that fake L instead. That was the moment where he showed that he is not interested in fighting for justice but rather fighting for his own a$$.

If his true intentions were killing only murderers for the purpose of making a just world, he wouldn't try to kill L, and he would most likely got away with it.

Post by waybig1010101 (4,091 posts) See mini bio Level 14

watch superman vs the elite

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I would say he was wrong, because he kill good people

Post by xBlazingStar94x (40 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Destinyheroknight said:

I agree with that. I was having a conversation with several people about it. I realised during the series that he kills a lot of innocent people who try to find out his identity. He is clever and could figure something out to stop them. However, I think he gets caught up in the power he has and abuses it. Like he killed the fake L too. He killed some people without any solid evidence and used Misa. To start with I saw a point to his madness but only if he was killing serial killers who deserved it with solid evidence.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Light was evil. He allowed his father, sister, Rem, and others who he used to become sacrifices in his plan. Plus he killed those other innocent people just for being suspicious of him.

And I don't think I will get into the killing criminals thing now.

Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@xBlazingStar94x said:

@Destinyheroknight said:

I agree with that. I was having a conversation with several people about it. I realised during the series that he kills a lot of innocent people who try to find out his identity. He is clever and could figure something out to stop them. However, I think he gets caught up in the power he has and abuses it. Like he killed the fake L too. He killed some people without any solid evidence and used Misa. To start with I saw a point to his madness but only if he was killing serial killers who deserved it with solid evidence.

He probably would have gotten away with everything had he never killed cops. I don't feel bad about how he did Misa though. She was kinda a loser and a glutton for punishment.

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Was Light a sociopathic asshole? Yes. Was what he did imoral? Completely. Did i support him? You bet your ass I did. Even if Light wasnt my favorite character in the series nor do i even like him, i the fact that he made the world a better place during the time that he began using the deathnote(crime dropped 70 percent worldwide). Even if he did kill innocents along with criminals to advance his own selfish agenda, Im not even going to begin to argue with those numbers and i fullheartedly believe that the ends justified the means

Post by katmic (477 posts) See mini bio Level 10

This isn't even a question. Light could have been a hero, if he didn't kill innocents. He is a villain through and through

Post by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (60 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The Moment he called himself a GOD he lost all hope of being a hero

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel