DBZ Kai: A Bucther Version of a Classic Anime

Topic started by Kou_Leifoh on July 2, 2011. Last post by Haofan123 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Ryokan (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12

So far, I watched some episode of DBZ kai, and it's still good. 

Sure, it has less drama, but the pacing is more fast, and less annoying. At least we don't have a silly pointless half episode about a transformed Ginyu and Bulma being buddy, only to have Bulma dodge the attack and nothing happened. 

I was a fan of the original, and still like it, but I have throwed my nostalgia goggles a long time ago and I can see the flaw of he original now. 

So Kai for the win ! 
Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Kou_Leifoh: just a guess but i don't think toei had anything to do with the american soundtrack and in the years since dragon ball z the dubbing scene has changed quite a bit.  Changing the soundtrack is something funimation does not do anymore.  In anycase Kai is okay, the plot is well paced now and I like Freeza and 18's new voice.
Post by Kou_Leifoh (613 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Haofan123 said:
@Kou_Leifoh: you mad bro? its your opinion that dbz kai sucks, not a fact
That's right, DBZ Kai does sucks.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Kou_Leifoh said:

@Haofan123 said:

@Kou_Leifoh: you mad bro? its your opinion that dbz kai sucks, not a fact
That's right, DBZ Kai does sucks.
thats you opinion, not a fact. Dont try to betray  your opinions as facts son
@Haofan123 said:
The stuff that you are saying is just coping what other people are saying, including a quote from me, because you can't think of a good argument of your own. How ridiculous can you be? You also just proved that you're some little upset fanboy that can't take the fact that they're people out there that believe that DBZ Kai sucks. And now you're relying on trolling by accusing me of of something that I wasn't even doing to begin with. 

I have standards, I don't buy into whatever crap that has the DBZ name on it.  DBZ Kai sucks, get use to that opinion and not act like a whining brat, you fanboy.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Kou_Leifoh:

It is an opinion

I think that Digimon 02 sucks, but some people like it (it bass on opinion, not facts)

Hoafan123 isn't a fanboy or a troll, please don't call people that and keep it nice :)

Dragon Ball Z Kai isn't that bad, one the only things I don't like about it is the Opening

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
DBZ Kai is good for what it is: a non-filler rendition. I enjoy the original more because I like the added comedy and longer fights and power-ups. I have the entire series and about all of the movies, too. If anyone thinks otherwise then why would I have wrote 2 DBZ Guides for AV?
Post by LewisLongshanks (12 posts) See mini bio Level 4
It's closer to the manga, less filler and more action.
Post by wayintothe7thart (1,079 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Kou_Leifoh said:
@Haofan123 said:
The stuff that you are saying is just coping what other people are saying, including a quote from me, because you can't think of a good argument of your own. How ridiculous can you be? You also just proved that you're some little upset fanboy that can't take the fact that they're people out there that believe that DBZ Kai sucks. And now you're relying on trolling by accusing me of of something that I wasn't even doing to begin with.   I have standards, I don't buy into whatever crap that has the DBZ name on it.  DBZ Kai sucks, get use to that opinion and not act like a whining brat, you fanboy.
You're full of shit. Haofan123 haven't said anything for you to called him a fanboy, or a troll. You're the one who made a thread about how Kai is water-down, which it's not. You're the one who said fans of the original couldn't like Kai, also not true. And, you're the one who been whining like a little brat the whole time. If you want to call somebody a fanboy, you may want to look at a mirror.
@wayintothe7thart said:
You're full of shit. Haofan123 haven't said anything for you to called him a fanboy, or a troll. You're the one who made a thread about how Kai is water-down, which it's not. 
And I'm pretty sure that you're not just saying those things because you side with his opinion about Kai being so great. He kept accusing me of betraying my opinions as facts and stealing other user's quotes, including mine, when he replies to me because he can't think of a solid comment of his own, the work of a troll. He also couldn't accept the fact that they're people like myself that don't like Kai for being a butchered mess of a classic to milk more money off of people. That was a opinion in case you forgot. 

You're the one who said fans of the original couldn't like Kai, also not true.

Where the hell did I say that?  I highly suggest that you read a post more carefully next time and get your facts straight. 

And, you're the one who been whining like a little brat the whole time.

Have you even read what you typed? You say I'm "full of shit," made up a lie about what I said, and claim that Kai isn't watered down as a fact. 

If you want to call somebody a fanboy, you may want to look at a mirror.

Fanboys are people that can't accept criticisms about the things they love the most, and as a result, they lash out at them in a aggressive manor, betray every positive thing about their favorite thing as facts, and buy whatever thing because it has the right name on it, two of which is something that you just did.
@Kou_Leifoh said:

@wayintothe7thart said:

And I'm pretty sure that you're not just saying those things because you side with his opinion about Kai being so great. He kept accusing me of betraying my opinions as facts and stealing other user's quotes, including mine, when he replies to me because he can't think of a solid comment of his own, the work of a troll. He also couldn't accept the fact that they're people like myself that don't like Kai for being a butchered mess of a classic to milk more money off of people. That was a opinion in case you forgot. 

Someones getting a little defensive. Just because you hate somethng doesnt mean everyone else does. I would rather watch a censored version of kai on nicktoons which cuts out all the filler instead of watching goku and vegeta stare each other down for 2 episodes before they fight, but hey, that's just me. I  like kai better but if you don't that's fine. Just know that your word isn't the word of God and people have different opinions. If you cant except that fact then im afraid you wont make any progress on this thread or in real life

And frankly, every anime is an attempt to make money. Do you think they make them just for fun? that money magically appears in thier pockets? no. They make profit off of every anime they make. Think about that next time when you are sitting down to naruto or bleach. Think about the fact that they're getting money from you watching, and Kai was a great way to make profit by rebooting an old series and making it(in many peoples opinions) better. You may not like it, but other people do and the company who owns  kai is probably making millions off of it so just becuase you are unhappy with kai doesnt mean a damn thing because there are still thousands, maybe millions of people still willing to buy into it. The companies win, the fans win, you lose. Good day sir
@Haofan123

So it took you several days to come up with an comment of your own, good for you!

You're the one that got very defensive from the beginning because you acted like a fanboy and a troll by accusing me of betraying my opinion as facts and stealing other user's quotes including my own.

"I  like kai better but if you don't that's fine."

Really? then how do you explain your behavior from earlier? You couldn't accepted the fact that someone out there thinks that Kai is a strip down version of DBZ. You're obviously lying to make yourself look good.

"Just know that your word isn't the word of God and people have different opinions. If you cant except that fact then I'm afraid you wont make any progress on this thread or in real life"

Still trolling I see. I never betray my opinions as facts. Learn to read other user's post, and stop accusing me of such things because you can't accept the fact that people out there don't like Kai. Do you post a lot in the GiantBomb community? I'd imagine so because I do see a lot of users in that community that use trolling as a tactic in a argument.

"And frankly, every anime is an attempt to make money. Do you think they make them just for fun? that money magically appears in thier pockets? no. They make profit off of every anime they make.Think about that next time when you are sitting down to naruto or bleach. Think about the fact that they're getting money from you watching, and Kai was a great way to make profit by rebooting an old series and making it(in many peoples opinions) better"

See, that can of talk right there is the talk of a fanboy, be very accepting of whatever comes from your favorite company/series, even if it' god awful,  because it makes them money. That comment right there was nothing but a sort sighted view because again, it makes them money. There a thing call "standards," I have them, if not, then I would be like you, a fanboy, and buy every thing that has the right name on it, betray every positive thing about my favorite series as facts, and act like all the negative aspects don't exist.

"You may not like it, but other people do and the company who owns  kai is probably making millions off of it so just because you are unhappy with kai doesn't mean a damn thing because there are still thousands, maybe millions of people still willing to buy into it."

What's the point of telling me that it still sells even though I don't like it? What are you trying to do with this crap that you're telling me? Am I suppose to like Kai now because it still sells even though I don't like it? So I guess you expect for everyone to like Transformers 3 because it still made a ton of money, despite its awfulness.

If you also said that my disagreement on what fanboys think about Kai isn't worth much, then why did you get aggressive and trolled me from the beginning? Obviously my opinion is in fact worth a lot to fanboys like you.

"The companies win, the fans win, you lose. Good day sir"

No, it's just the companies that win, companies relay on fanboys to buy whatever they sell them like those awful video games. You are not a true fan, you are a fanboy, because you couldn't accept the fact that there's people like me that don't like Kai for being strip down version of DBZ that seems like it's trying to milk money off fans. They know that their fanboys, like yourself, will buy them and attack whatever fans that don't like what they're selling them.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Kou_Leifoh:

Why are you calling Haofan123 a fan boy? I know him for awhile on here and he isn't one, he like DBZ kai better then DBZ so what. I like Dragon Ball more then the others and don't call people fan boys for liking DBZ or DBGT

@ @Kou_Leifoh: so basically, the point of that long post was to call me a fanboy. Its cool that you wasted 30 minutes of your life just to insult me, and im sorry to disappoint you, but i am not a fanboy. I simply like kai better. I dont want to see goku and vegeta staring eachother down for 2 episodes straight before fighting and then having a short exchange and go back to starring at each other for another 2 episodes. I want to see a good fight w and thats what kai does by cutting out those god awful fillers that go nowhere. So there you have it, the reasons i like kai. If you like the original thaats fine with me, just dont try to force your opinions on others because everyone isnt like you and if everyone was then we wouldnt be having this discussion right now because we would think alike but that isnt the case.
@Haofan123
You're whole post was just you ignoring every thing that I told you and you saying that you like Kai.

Your post post are nothing but you being in denial about your behavior by accusing me of something that I wasn't even doing. Your earlier post is just you not willing to accepting the fact that they're people out there that don't like Kai, and your next post is you saying  that you're okay with that and accusing me of me not being okay with people liking Kai, and now you're saying that my last post was just me calling me a fanboy, which isn't just that at all, which also proves your in denial-ness even further.

And I'm wasting my time? What do you call all those worthless post of yours? You really have no idea what you're talking. Up to this point, it seems like you're just trying to win the battle by posting non-sense.
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@sickVisionz said:

Completely disagree on nearly every count, but to each their own.

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

While I disagree with the OP, can we stop with the its just your opinion, not fact talk? Anything that's obviously subjective ie "this sucks" or "I don't like this actor" are obviously his opinions. Nobody should have to put "imo" in every sentence for you to get that.

@Kou_Leifoh: I never so much as hinted that everyone has to like kai. I said that you are betraying your opinions for facts and being hypocritical for accusing people of doing the same. I also dont take to kindly to you calling me a fanboy just because I like kai. I like kai better because it cuts out a bunch of useless filler and introduces a new generation to DBZ. I frankly dont care that you like the original. I dont care if you think you are a true fan because you dont watch kai because you arent. Those are useless opinions that you keep flaunting around like they mean something.
@Haofan123
That's funny, I didn't get a message in my inbox.

But I can see why you didn't properly replied to me so I wouldn't notice. Once again you are trying to win the battle instead of trying to prove a point. Also, do you even read your previous post? I doubt that because every time you make another post, it's a contradiction to your previous.

"I never so much as hinted that everyone has to like kai.I said that you are betraying your opinions for facts and being hypocritical for accusing people of doing the same"

More non-sense out of you. I didn't say anything about that in my last post. But you did go out of your way to tell me that Kai is still going to make money even if I don't like it, meaning that I shouldn't say anything bad about Kai. And this is why I call you a troll, by accusing me of something that I wasn't even doing.

"I also dont take to kindly to you calling me a fanboy just because I like kai."

Another reason why i call you a troll, saying that I called you a fanboy because you "don't like Kai." Get this through your thick skull (or maybe you do understand and you're just trolling) I called you a fanboy because you couldn't accepting that fact that there's people out there that don't like Kai. Why else would you keep posting more worthless post to try to win the battle?

"I frankly dont care that you like the original."

LOL! First you say that I'm "wasting my time" even though you're the one that keeps replying to me with worthless non-sense, and you contradict yourself again with that post. If you don't care, then why do you keep replying?

"Those are useless opinions that you keep flaunting around like they mean something."
Do you really have any clue on what your saying? No wait, never mind, this is just more non-sense that you're making up just so you can win battle. A worthless statement that you got out of nowhere because yo
@Kou_Leifoh

yet another drawn out way of calling me a fanboy. I thought that even someone such as yourself come up with something worth replying to but I was wrong. Two people have already agreed with the fact that you are the one at fault so i dont know why you are still arguing. Keep watching dbz and i will watch kai. end of discussion
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel