DB:E Ripoff? : Dragon"Battle" Evolution?

Topic started by John_Martone on Aug. 30, 2009. Last post by John_Martone 4 years, 7 months ago.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10

So... there was once this movie called X-Treme Fighter (or Sci-Fighter, dependent on region.) Despite being one of the lowest budget, worst movies I've heard of recently, they producers decided to release the movie in Japan. In their infinte wisdom, they decided to flagrantly rip off another movie...
Aren't there laws against things like this? Dragon"Battle" Evolution? You've got to be kidding me. Their movie (please don't watch the trailer) is about dudes who get stuck in a VR fighting game. What the heck?

Yeah, that's right, the movie is so terrible I'm not even going to embed the terrible trailer. I'll link it, but that's all you get.

(Via Canned Dogs)
Post by Kelleth (7,771 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I almost thought this was a movie from The Asylum studios but they are to busy with there new 40 Year Old Virgin rip-off. So that means now we have two (or more) GOD AWEFULL!!! studios running around leeching of the success of big budget movies (this time not really the case) by making similar ones in the hope that some fool mistakes one for another.

Anyways i hope to see the review of this in Film Brain`s Bad Movie Beatdown :P
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
one word: Transmorphers
Post by Ruby_Alexandrine (78 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Absolute crap!  Its so bad that I want to stab my eyes! >_<  And that's just watching the trailer!  Its not even a B-movie, its a D-List movie!  On the bright side, I did laugh at the stupidity of it all.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
so they make a crap based on another crap....
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@damswedon said:
" one word: Transmorphers "
5 words: Mega-shark vs. Giant Octopuss
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
OH HELL YES
Post by Arjuna (202 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@damswedon said:
" one word: Transmorphers "
More than meets the...  um...  eyes!  Plural!
Post by Sonata (35,010 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'm disappointed in Cynthia Rothrock whoring out her skills to crappy movies like this and undefeatableXP
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Ruby_Alexandrine: I tried to warn you. The trailer was so bad I wouldn't even embed it.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel