Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku Sung By Vic Mignogna!!!

Topic started by Bertmasta on Dec. 8, 2008. Last post by Baku_Sensei 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
anyone heard it yet?

if not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuxLg4iN-NE
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Vic Mcpoyle sure is a good singer.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I don't like Vic Mignongoanaona
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Kuro said:
"Vic Mcpoyle sure is a good singer."
I went to see the FMA panel at my last con, and Vic ends the con by giving out copies of his Christian Rock album. It was funny.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Baku_Sensei said:
"Kuro said:
I went to see the FMA panel at my last con, and Vic ends the con by giving out copies of his Christian Rock album. It was funny."

I remember when I went to one of his panels at AOD (I think?) and he tried to sell his CDs of the Christian album and his reading of some Bible story with the acompanyment of a piano. I was both laughing and wtfing at what he's trying to do. Convert yaoi fangirls to Christianity? Yup sure.
Post by Chibi_Kaji (89 posts) See mini bio Level 2
RedRoses said:
"Baku_Sensei said:
"Kuro said:
I went to see the FMA panel at my last con, and Vic ends the con by giving out copies of his Christian Rock album. It was funny."

I remember when I went to one of his panels at AOD (I think?) and he tried to sell his CDs of the Christian album and his reading of some Bible story with the acompanyment of a piano. I was both laughing and wtfing at what he's trying to do. Convert yaoi fangirls to Christianity? Yup sure."
I've always heard Vic was a bit of a dick. But this is the first I have heard of him being a religious nut....

So WHY is he singing that song anyway?
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
He's a dick. Experienced first hand!
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Chibi_Kaji said:
I've always heard Vic was a bit of a dick. But this is the first I have heard of him being a religious nut....

So WHY is he singing that song anyway?"
Welp apparently I fail at sarcasm online.
If you want to read an article about Vic on some random Christianity site that had a convention next to an anime con then you can go here:
http://www.dare2share.org/stierstraight/cartoon-christianity
My favorite quote:
"That's when God did something unbelievable. He sent us an ambassador from the Anime world. In walked this cool cat named Vic Mignogna."
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
He's pretty religious-- he's even been known to perform services on Sundays at cons. Or at least once.

I don't know if he's psycho-christian though. He's bragged about how he gets directors to change scripts so he doesn't swear, but he also has occasionally pandered to the yaoi fangirls.
Post by Chibi_Kaji (89 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Maybe religious nut was the wrong term to use. But I couldn't really think of any other...
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
gia said:
"He's pretty religious-- he's even been known to perform services on Sundays at cons. Or at least once.

I don't know if he's psycho-christian though. He's bragged about how he gets directors to change scripts so he doesn't swear, but he also has occasionally pandered to the yaoi fangirls."
He ran a Sunday service at Colossalcon (where I met him). All in all, he was pretty reserved with the religious stuff. When one audience member asked him about it, he made sure to ask the audience if anyone would be uncomfortable if he talked about religion. Apparently when Caitlin Glass met him for the first time, she ran up, hugged him, and said "You're a Christian too!"
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel