Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in Shell?

Topic started by senorfuzzeh on Oct. 21, 2011. Last post by SilverGalford 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by senorfuzzeh (8 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I've been in love with anime ever since I watched dragon ball and pokemon as a kid.

I've been really busy with school so I haven't had time to watch any since... Highschool, and this upcoming fall break my friends and family are out of town so, I have absolutely nothing to do other than play Bat-man (Skyrim comes out the week AFTER my break. sad)

So I want to pick up a new anime, I haven't done it in a long time and it sounds fun.

So I am trying to decide weather or not to I should start watching Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in shell. I know their two of the most famous animes ever and yeah I know I never got to watch them but thats why I am starting now!

Any tips? No bias people, please.

Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I thought the Ghost in the Shell movie was a trainwreck so if it's Cowboy Bebop movie vs GitS movie, CB wins any day of the week. If we're talking about series, I think Bebop is better than GitS:SAC season 1 and equally as good as GitS:SAC season 2.

@sickVisionz: Whys it so much better? I watched a few episodes of both and ghost in shell seems like it coul dbe pretty good.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@senorfuzzeh:

Cowboy Bebop is more action base then Ghost in the Shell and less serious (that why I like Cowboy Bebop) but if you looking for something serious, then Ghost In The Shell is perfect

@Destinyheroknight: Thanks. Still not sure which one I want to go for.

Most people I've asked have said cowboy Bebop

@senorfuzzeh said:

@sickVisionz: Whys it so much better? I watched a few episodes of both and ghost in shell seems like it coul dbe pretty good.

I thought season 1 was packed with technobabble and cyber-philosophy, which I've never really been interested in. It's still a good show though, but there's almost nothing in Cowboy Bebop that turns me off so I like it more. Season 2 is straight up pol0itical thriller, which I enjoy significantly more than cyber-philosophy and technobabble so I think its tied with CB.

@sickVisionz: I feel like a lot of long going animes aim for the political thriller these days. Code Geas was practically that with a little bit of eye magic. (still loved it, dont get me wrong)

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

No bias? Then how can I leave an opinion on which to watch?

Bias: Cowboy Bebop was ok but I wasn't really into it. Ghost in the Shell, well, I only watch a couple episodes and dropped it. I didn't like it.

However, I can suggest Rainbow, Black Lagoon, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

@senorfuzzeh: Code Geass... I guess you could call that a political thriller but it's not at all the type of show I was referring to when I said that.

@sotyfan16 said:

No bias? Then how can I leave an opinion on which to watch?

Bias: Cowboy Bebop was ok but I wasn't really into it. Ghost in the Shell, well, I only watch a couple episodes and dropped it. I didn't like it.

However, I can suggest Rainbow, Black Lagoon, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

When I said Bias I just meant I didn't want people bashing one or the other.

And I've already watched FMA and Black Lagoon.

@sickVisionz: I think I am gonna go for Cowboy Bebop. Thanks!

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Some preferences would help. What action anime have you enjoyed in the past? Also what's more important to you in a show, story or presentation?

Post by DocHaus (936 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@senorfuzzeh: Watch both. But if you really have time to watch just one first, then GitS:Stand Alone Complex Season 1. Watch it first.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

cowboy bebop all the way.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel