Community Spotlight: Owning It

Topic started by Guest_Author on April 15, 2011. Last post by ShadowKnight508 3 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Guest_Author (0 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Staff
Greetings Anime Vice Community, It been quite a few weeks since the last community spotlight, and it was probably one of my more controversial ones to day. Yeah, it was that one where someone couldn't take the joke that used that one image from Highschool of the Dead to promote the wiki tasks. That doesn't mean I'm going to try and spotlight everything that's gone on in the absence of the last one. We're just going to hit the spotlights (thus the name of the segment). In the biggest news for Anime Vice, we have this really slick look for all the Whiskey Media sites. The biggest stars of last week are the behind the scene staff at Whiskey Media. Everyone should take this opportunity to thank them for all this hard work.
Last week the highly anticipated release of Evangelion 2.0 was released and that movie on Blu-ray was amazing. If you haven't seen the movie yet, go check out the movie's profile page and watch Tom Pinchuk's video review of the movie. This is the one that introduces the latest character to the long standing Evangelion series, Makinami Mari Illustrious. After watching the movie, I can understand what Anno meant by wanting her to "break Eva". Tom has also undertaken the task of reviewing nearly all the series that were recently suggested. Remember to comment on his articles to show your appreciation. He's purposely looking for series that can be viewed via official streams so users can join in.

There is a new Task Initiative that's been going on for a week, and I want to bring it to your attention. For this we need some really gung-ho wiki editors. The staff are looking to have these profiles formatted to fit the Wiki Style Guide to bring some uniformity to character pages. It helps to build a better Database. The wiki pages have been steadily growing to make some really impressive pages.

Anime Vice Task Initiative: Image Captioning: HERE 
Anime Vice Task Initiative: Wiki Style Guide: HERE   
Task Queue Theme of the Week: VILLAINS - HERE  
Character Format List: HERE

Wonderful Wikis 

In the time since the last spotlight, we have had a lot of new users join Anime Vice who have dome some major work. For years the manga pages were barren and had no information on them. I'm speaking of users such as AnnaBananaPiFace314psicomanaticaMechanical_Ape,takashichea, and fire_star. A lot of thanks to these users for some really hard work.

Get cracking through the Wiki Tasks so I can have even more pages to spotlight next week. Write lost of text and add images, where appropriate. Check out my Character Format List above for 35 example pages.

Blog-o-sphere

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt confirmed for U.S. release! (by: Jason Bogdan) - HERE  
Drunk Blog - High School of the Dead #3 (AKA The Other Episode) (by: zombiepie) - HERE
Hanasaku Iroha Ep 2: wiki summary and screens (by: AURON570) - HERE 
Spring 2011 Impressions (Part 1) (by: ultima88) - HERE
Spring 2011 Anime View: A Channel & Maria Holic Alive (by: metalsnakezero) - HERE 
Search for Tsunade Arc Project Completed.!! (by: FoxxFireArt) - HERE 
First Impressions of Steins;Gate (Video) (by: sickVisionz) - HERE 
Dunce Cap: NGE=WTF (by: sotyfan16) - HERE
Anime Weekly 7 (by: ultima88) - HERE 

Remember, if you would like to submit something for the Spotlight. You can send me a PM, but please be sure to add "Spotlight" to the subject line. Get to work, and make more content for the next Spotlight!! Jana!! 

Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ animevice / @FoxxFireArt
Post by FLStyle (423 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Congrats to the Top Men for the upgrades and the users of Anime Vice for the hard work.
Post by AURON570 (572 posts) See mini bio Level 15
This ultima88 guy needs more followers. :(
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I haven't blogged in a while. Not because of laziness but because Queen's day is close and I want to do everything in one go. I'll blog then.

Any way good Community spotlight this time ^^
Post by FLStyle (423 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@AURON570 said:
" This ultima88 guy needs more followers. :( "
Agreed and followed. Apparently I wasn't following you either so I've done that too.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
I feel like things are really getting organized around here.  The community spirit, reviews, blogs and wiki have come along way. 

Don't forget to check out our list of VILLAINS who need wiki editors.  Earn bonus points!

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Kudos to all on the Community Spotlight ! Keep up the good work !
Post by takashichea (13,756 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Thanks FoxxFireArt for including some of the users from the Fairy Tail Recognition blog on the community spotlight.
I always enjoy reading your community spotlights.
@jjhhjjhh:
Please don't spam the community spotlights.
@jjhhjjhh:
Spamming isn't welcome or allowed. This thread is to praise and notice those who have worked hard throughout the site, spamming the thread isn't very respectful.
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@takashichea: @fire_star: You wont get through to the bots, just flag and leave.
@damswedon said:
" @takashichea:  @fire_star: You wont get through to the bots, just flag and leave. "

I know, just had to relieve a little frustration. I get a little angry sometimes at them, anyways, I already alerted a Moderator. All is well. : )
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,243 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@takashichea: @fire_star: 
That's just another spam-bot guys, you can't reason with them, you can only ban them. I've taken care of it.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,647 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@ethan said:
" I feel like things are really getting organized around here.  The community spirit, reviews, blogs and wiki have come along way. 
"
I like to think I play a small role in that.

@takashichea:

I want to spotlight users and page content. I just sometimes need users to bring these things to my attention. As big as my ego is, I'm not omniscient.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Hooray community! Keep up the good work Wiki people. Congrats to all the others listed.
@FoxxFireArt:
 I know these users well. Can you include them in the next community spotlight? Thanks.
EganTheVile1 - for his new concepts such as slavery, sumo, terror cons, blushing. See c oncepts thread.
Shadowknight508 - for his work on Maid Bride and on Eleanor Mercer
Edit: Juuhachi  - for her work on Supernatural.
Post by PiFace314 (22 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Congrats to everyone who was featured here! You guys have all done such a great job here, and I'm honored to have been included as well. Please keep up the good work, everybody!
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,647 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@takashichea:
It takes more than a profile just existing and having pictures to be spotlighted. It has to be filled with interesting information and go with the style guide. Such as my KMF page.
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@FLStyle said:
" Congrats to the Top Men for the upgrades and the users of Anime Vice for the hard work. "
What he said!

Also, great job to the Staff at Whiskey Media ! All the sites look new and fresh !
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel