Community Spotlight: 3/9/12

Topic started by Guest_Author on March 10, 2012. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by Guest_Author (0 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Staff

For any of you out there in the community that were wondering why there wasn't an Anime Vice Community Spotlight last week. There wasn't a national holiday you missed, and it wasn't Hayao Miyazaki's birthday -- that's in January. The real cause is that last Friday my area of Kentucky was hit with some serious storms and tornado warning. Sure, I could have written it late that Thursday, but I had been up late playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer. How was I to know that putting it off till Friday morning wasn't going to be an option? Damn, my selective omniscience. It never works when I really need it. Thankfully, my area wasn't hit at all. Didn't even lose power.

Nick and I were still able to post the Amateur vs. Expert for Persona 4 Episode 20. That turned into a wild debate about the use of fan service. Not really warranted in a series that uses it so little.

Anime Vice Task Initiative: Image Captioning: HERE

Anime Vice Task Initiative: Wiki Style Guide: HERE

Task Queue Theme of the Week: Character Pages - HERE

Anime/Manga Trailer Suggestions: HERE

Character Format List: HERE

Wonderful Wikis

WANTED Wikis

I've created a special bounty for the Katanagatari franchise page. I've yet to get to watch any of it, but it looks amazing. The page is blank, and I've set a bounty for anyone who can fill it out in fine detail.

Blog-o-sphere & Formidable Forums

• Dunce Cap: GlDeMo Rocks the Afterlife by sotyfan16 HERE
  • Beelzebub episode 56 anime review:Are You a Traitor? Is It A Time by Sreenivas HERE
  • What Are Your Favorite Sket Dance Theme Songs/Sound Tracks? by takashichea HERE
  • Can you SPRING for a new show? (Spring '12 Capsule Previews) by DocHaus HERE
  • Winter Watch Anthology: Nisemonogatari by sickVisionz HERE
  • Wiki Project -- Waiting in the Summer by sora_thekey HERE

Anime AMV Showcase

This week isn't for so much an AMV, but a seriously impressive fan made trailer for the One Piece: Marineford arc. It's well edited and has a really nice musical score that I feel matches the One Piece theme. It does a really good job of setting the stage for the war of this arc without spoiling much at all.

Remember, if you would like to submit something for the Spotlight. You can send me a PM, but please be sure to add "Spotlight" to the subject line. I can't stress how important that is because it might just be lost in my Inbox when I clear it. Even if you have worked on something yourself and are really proud of your work. Get to work, and make more content for the next Spotlight!! Jana!!

-Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @AnimeVicers/ @ FoxxFireArt

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Anyways great work all

Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Congrats to everyone tolling away on wikis and blogs. The fervor caused in last week's AvE and Nisemono articles makes me think that perhaps a long form article or roundtable about fanservice is in order.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Good job Vicers!

@sickVisionz:

I'd be down for taking part in a RT on that. I'm too biased to do an article on the topic.

Post by takashichea (11,738 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Congrats everyone! Kudos to my teammates for their support. It's good see them back. Most of us wiki editors are college students with a busy schedule. It's tough to juggle those tasks.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,786 posts) See mini bio Level 21

This week's stuff looks better than usual! Nice work!

Post by Hailinel (76 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I'm still waiting for to give a proper response to counterpoints made by others in the A vs. E column. He shouldn't just pick and choose who he responds to when his arguments are challenged and expose a lack of knowledge on his part.

Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Anime Vicers rock!

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@takashichea said:

Congrats everyone! Kudos to my teammates for their support. It's good see them back. Most of us wiki editors are college students with a busy schedule. It's tough to juggle those tasks.

Amen to that. Cheers to those busy AV Community members who's hard work in the Wiki Database and Blogs was featured this week!

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@sickVisionz said:

Congrats to everyone tolling away on wikis and blogs. The fervor caused in last week's AvE and Nisemono articles makes me think that perhaps a long form article or roundtable about fanservice is in order.

would take part in that given the chance
Post by takashichea (11,738 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel