Community Spotlight: 2/10/12

Topic started by Guest_Author on Feb. 10, 2012. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Guest_Author (0 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Staff

Salutations, Anime Vice Community. Probably one of the larger news events of the week has to be that Tite Kubo announcing the end of his popular BLEACH series will be entering the final arc. The first chapter is out, and users should be sure to follow GodLen's articles as the series reaches it's close.

I do hope that the users are also following both the Winter Watch and the Amateur vs. Expert: Persona 4 series each week. Last week, Nick and I covered Persona 4 Ep. 16. There have been some delays in the release of those articles. Please, be patient with us. We aren't about the quit this far in.

Anime Vice Task Initiative: Image Captioning: HERE

Anime Vice Task Initiative: Wiki Style Guide: HERE

Task Queue Theme of the Week: Character Pages - HERE

Anime/Manga Trailer Suggestions: HERE

Character Format List: HERE

Wonderful Wikis

WANTED Wikis

Blog-o-sphere

• One Piece: Pirate Warriors (PS3) Information by ShadowKnight508 HERE
  • Saint Seiya Ω (Omega) and Saint Seiya The Movie by V1ctorAugusto HERE
  • Team W.I.K.I. Nation's Weekly Reports Changes - Feb 2012 by takashichea HERE
  • A Heartfelt Apology to Male Leads in Harem and Shonen Anime by sickVisionz HERE
  • Great Moments in Americanization-Voltron #'s 3-7 by EganTheVile1 HERE

Anime AMV Showcase

I'm normally not a fan of the use of Linkin Park or Evanescense in AMVs, mostly because they are grossly over used. It's come to the point where I here an AMV start with either "In the End" or "Bring Me to Life", and I'll shut it off. Still, this particular AMV for BLEACHstruck a cord with me. Seeing how BLEACH will be ending. It seemed like a nice fit.

Remember, if you would like to submit something for the Spotlight. You can send me a PM, but please be sure to add "Spotlight" to the subject line. I can't stress how important that is because it might just be lost in my Inbox when I clear it. Even if you have worked on something yourself and are really proud of your work. Get to work, and make more content for the next Spotlight!! Jana!!

-Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @AnimeVicers/ @ FoxxFireArt

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Once again, major props to everyone in the AnimeVice community who had their work in the Wiki Database or the blogs featured in this week's AV Community Spotlight!

Post by Wales (133 posts) See mini bio Level 21

While its nice to get back into editing and seeing fellow colleagues on the site nominate my work for the weekly highlights, I don't think my work on Eden of the East should be up there at the moment since a few of the episodes already had some nice plot synopsis on them. Just made em look pretty.

Post by takashichea (14,309 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Congrats everyone! It's good to have a lot users contributing to the wiki and making blogs. Thanks for spotlighting Sket Dance ep. 43 and that team blog!

Nice AMV for the spotlight, Fox.

To newcomers: Don't forget to check out the wiki style guide and the wiki tasks.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Great job everybody! :D I apologize for not being that active with wiki work...I'll get back to it by the end of next week after I'm done with midterms :)

Post by Jonny_Anonymous (52 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Cool this is a good thread for noobs like me

Post by Invisible_Witch (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4

I'll make one for my love of Bleach!! #BeenFanofBleachSince Issue #1 !!!

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

good job people, keep up the good works

Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Wales said:

I don't think my work on Eden of the East should be up there at the moment since a few of the episodes already had some nice plot synopsis on them. Just made em look pretty.

Formatting and making things look pretty is a valid and important part of wiki editing. Nobody wants to read something that looks like a hot mess.

@sickVisionz:

Oh, man. I forgot about your Nisemonogatari wiki work especially ep. 4. I should have been through in my search. Sorry about that.

Wiki Submissions Week of 2-15-12

Over this week, ScarletKittie added several Shojo manga titles and its volumes for her group weekly Shojo project: Daa! Daa! Daa!, Shin Daa! Daa! Daa!, Mint na Bokura, Penguin Brothers, and Pearl Pink. I added Penguin Revolution, Land of the Blindfolded, and Library Wars: Love and War. Sora_thekey added Avatar: The Last Promise.

Total New Manga Series: 9

• Eden of the East: King of Eden (Movie) - Wales added plot summary, images, and other things.
  • Saki Morimi - Wales added her origin, creation, evolution, story arcs, and other media.
  • Akira Takizawa - Wales added his origin, creation, evolution, story arcs, and other media.
  • Armored Core (Franchise) - Mr. XD added overview, plot, manga, anime, books, and other media.
  • Nisemonogatari ep. 4 - sickVisionZ and Shels did the synopsis, images, characters, and other things.
  • Guilty Crown ep. 13 - Kuro added synopsis, images, and characters. I added full plot, characters, points of interest, and credits.
  • Beelzebub ep. 53 - I added synopsis, characters, few images, points of interest, and other things.
  • Fairy Tail ep. 116 - I added synopsis, characters, several images, points of interest, and everything except anime/manga differences.
  • Hamtaro Tales (anime) - I formatted the page and added character table and overview.
  • Bon Clay - ShadowKnight508 format the page. It has origin, creation, story arcs, and powers.
  • Kamisama Kazoku (anime) = Animebookworm7 added overview, summary, characters, cast, staff, and songs.
  • Anime Anatomy - Newten added overview and examples.

I'll report some more.

Thank you.

Edit:

• Land of the Blindfolded - Animebookworm7 added synopsis and character while I added publishers, overview, and publishing stuff.
  • Crocodile - ShadowKnight508 and DestinyHeroKnight worked on this page. Right now, it has origin, creation, evolution, story arcs, powers, and other media.
  • Transformers: Masterforce - Buhssuht added overview, plot, and a detailed character section.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel