Characters with the most wasted potential

Topic started by ownagepants on Jan. 27, 2014. Last post by ohgodwhy 1 month, 4 weeks ago.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,194 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@taichokage: well yeah but character don't have free will so yeah

Post by takashichea (12,347 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@taichokage: @SMXLR8:

There is a reason from Kishimoto:

Despite Sakura's popularity, she was not intended to be the heroine of the series. Kishimoto blames himself for this by describing himself as being unable to draw a good heroine character type. The best he came up with for Sakura is a girl who couldn't understand men, who is an irritating character but always well intentioned. Still, he became quite fond of Sakura and feels much of her personality can be found in just about everyone.

Source: our wiki page on Sakura Haruno

Post by taichokage (13,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
That clearly shows too. Lol. If I recall, he also said he wasn't good at drawing female characters either. Just comparing them to his rivals Oda and Kubo I'd agree with that too.
Post by Kobra678 (3,180 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now

Kite, I thought he could have been cool. Usopp, yes, usopp. Yeah I know the series is still going, but he's been nothing but a disappointment since the timeskip. Ball from o-parts hunter is Usopp done right IMO.

@Kobra678: oda know what he is doing don't hate

Online Now

@SMXLR8: Im not hating. There's still so much left of One Piece and there's more than enough time for Usopp to be redeemed. My gripe is, Usopp's been training for the past two years, and for what? He's still running away from all conflict.

@Kobra678: hey same could be said for nami or robin , all of the members need to stronger to achieve their goals so more training will come

Online Now

@SMXLR8: Exept those two have never up and ran when hey were needed. What Usopp did with the Tontatta's was just pathetic.

@Kobra678: he came back and help them also it's his character . He is becoming more stronger with each fight

Online Now

@SMXLR8: Honestly while he came back (eventually) he still regressed as a character. Which kinda pissed me off because of his attitude once he made it back to sabody. But I don't wanna start ranting on Usopp, just saying he had potential. So agree to disagree I guess.

Post by takashichea (12,347 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@SMXLR8:

No need to repeat yourself. I was giving the author's notes. Besides, let @Kobra678: speak his mind. You don't need be sensitive and call people out on their opinions. We welcome all opinions. If someone hates Sakura or Usopp, it's not hurting you.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Gremmy.

Post by GrayWolf2 (327 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Uonumo Usui and Yatsume Mumyoi from Ruruouni Kenshin. Two potentially really badass characters that just had to run into Hajime Saito. Dammit Saito!!!!

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Kobra678 said:

Kite, I thought he could have been cool. Usopp, yes, usopp. Yeah I know the series is still going, but he's been nothing but a disappointment since the timeskip. Ball from o-parts hunter is Usopp done right IMO.

I kind of agree. When he first appeared in the Fishman arc I was like yes Usopp is finally cool and then he became a wimp again. I'm sure he will EVENTUALLY step up as the Straw Hats star sniper though, his dads a top class sniper after all so maybe there'll be a mini arc there or something.

Still God Usopp was pretty cool and I liked how even Zoro played along with it in the most recent chapter.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel