Characters with the most wasted potential

Topic started by ownagepants on Jan. 27, 2014. Last post by ohgodwhy 1 month, 3 weeks ago.
Post by ownagepants (380 posts) See mini bio Level 10

These are characters who could have turned out really awesome but then they were runined with bad writing ,underuse,etc

For me it will always be krillin.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,758 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Gohan.

Post by Acer. (137 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Rock Lee

@Acer.: on that note shino.

@ownagepants: Honestly nearly all of the rookie 9 post timeskip became underused.
Post by Erik (128 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@ownagepants: I don't know. I think Krillin fell behind towards the end of DBZ but Toriyama said he was the most powerful human (excluding androids). I think lacking saiyan physiology made him kind of irrelevant though. I think the wasted potential gold has to go to Gohan. Stated from the start to have more power than Goku, yet is always, ALWAYS in Goku's shadow.

@Acer.: true I mean pre time skip they all got chances to show how awesome they are and after timeskip they were just forgotten about.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 14
kolulu from zatch spell 

@waybig1010101: honestly her defeat was nessacery in my opinion.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@ownagepants: I completely understand where your coming from, but for me she was just too good of a character to get rid off and she had a lot of potential as a character that she could have contributed to the story if the story went in a different direction with her. 
Post by Ikki_Minami_ (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Erik: Always in Goku' shadow? True enough but Vegeta I say had the most of that by far Vegeta is the most real-to-life character in DBZ, He was the most reliable to human nature. As both Goku and Gohan had only two things going for them good guy and angry good guy, Akira totally ruined Vegeta' true strength. I mean he couldn't even beat one main villain in a movie, Akira was antagonizing Vegeta and even said he disliked his character... he was a total idiot with Vegeta.

Post by bigz007 (1,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I would have to say Unohana.

Post by Erik (128 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Ikki_Minami_ said:

@Erik: Always in Goku' shadow? True enough but Vegeta I say had the most of that by far Vegeta is the most real-to-life character in DBZ, He was the most reliable to human nature. As both Goku and Gohan had only two things going for them good guy and angry good guy, Akira totally ruined Vegeta' true strength. I mean he couldn't even beat one main villain in a movie, Akira was antagonizing Vegeta and even said he disliked his character... he was a total idiot with Vegeta.

Vegeta was always in Goku's shadow but he never showed any kind of wasted potential because of it. He just was always playing catchup.

@bigz007: I know right she was supposed to be powerful but other then unlock kenpachi's potential what did she do combat wise in the manga.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Nico Robin and Nami, wish Oda let them fight more

Post by bigz007 (1,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@ownagepants: I would love to see more of her, and I hope she isn't dead.

@Destinyheroknight: I agree with you there... Oda sure have a lot of characters on his disposal, so it's hard to use them all.

Post by takashichea (12,288 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@bigz007:

Don't forget Magi's huge roster, too!

I probably add Coby from One Piece. After completing the Water 7arc in the anime last Sunday, I saw Coby again. He got stronger. It would be interesting to see his progress. He mirrors Luffy a bit.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,911 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Ichigo's human friends

Every Z warrior who isn't Goku

K11 minus Naruto and Sasuke

Enel

Gray (Fairy Tail)

Amon (Avatar)

Tobi (before he removed mask)

@ImDictatorBowDown: Agreed i expected chad to be a major character but he did pretty much nothing the whole series and orihime talked about being a fighter which i thought meant she would unlock a hidden power but she just gets captured and all that is forgotten about.

Raven Tail as a whole.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel