Can Genjutsu Work On People Who Don't Have Chakra?

Topic started by Lord_Frieza on May 31, 2012. Last post by Haofan123 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Lord_Frieza (52 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I read a description saying that in order for Genjutsu to work, it has to manipulate Chakra in the brain. But I've talked to people who say Genjutsu would work on everybody. Could it work on Goku who had KI instead of Chakra? I don't think so, but what do you think?

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Only if you equalized he verses ie ki=chakra, otherwise genjutsu would be useless on anyone outside the narutoverse

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Chakra is a natural and real world concept though. I think ki is actually just another name for chakra though.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,283 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Well, for the genjutsu to work one must have a chakra network, since genjutsu need to manipulate the flow of chakra to the brain to work. In other media that use KI or other energy, don't have an energy network for the genjutsu to work on (making it useless on them). So in a battle thread, the OP have to equal the energy or people will bring that up (that also a problem with Bleach battles to)

Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13

For the sake of battles yeah. Chakra is just a name for energy flow and is sometimes used as an abstraction for the actual energy transfer of the body, if its alive it has chakra

Well Ki (stated by Akria Toryiama) is Genki (元気; lit. "Energy"), Yūki (勇気; lit. "Courage") and Shōki (正気; lit. "Mind"). Chakra in Naruto is amde of Spirit Energy and Physical energy. So wouldn't they be 2 different power sources?

@Lord_Frieza:

They both the same, both are energy, Masashi Kishimoto even stated that

Shonen Jump: How did you develop the chakra power system in Naruto? Are you interested in East Indian mysticism?
Masashi Kishimoto: I actually have no interest in East Indian mysticism. I needed a hook to tie in those points in the story when characters would use powers that were beyond normal human capabilities. The term is chakra, which is used as an explanation for readers to better understand the powers. Its similar to "the Force" in Star Wars, or chi (aka. - Ki) in "Dragon Ball", or magic points in RPGs.

But the problem is that for genjutsu to work, one need a chakra network

@Destinyheroknight: Well he says they're "similar", not the "same". And I didn't know you needed a chakra network, thanks!

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Itachi used genjutsu on regular people and so have other ninja. I think going on by Narutoverse rules everyone has chakra but not everyone knows how to utilise it.

@Lord_Frieza:

Well he says they're "similar", not the "same".

Oh, LOL! I should have read it before I copy & paste, I thought he said same

I didn't know you needed a chakra network, thanks!

No problem, always good to help

@ohgodwhy:

Everyone in Naruto have Chakra and a Chakra Network, it just that normal people don't know how to use it (kind of like Haki, Reiatsu, KI and etc)

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Destinyheroknight: That's what I said bro lol.

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@sickVisionz said:

Chakra is a natural and real world concept though. I think ki is actually just another name for chakra though.

Chakra in naruto isnt the same as chakra in the real world. as Destinyheroknight has shown, the author says that the Narutoverses version of chakra isnt the same as its mythological counterpart and the two also differ in several major ways. In addition to that, the "real" chakras are nothing more than a concept. If we are saying that genjutsu can effect someone based on a mythological standpoint, then an arguement should be made towards proving the existance of said chakras before anything else rather than jumping straight into "LAWL genjutsu"

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel