Borders closing sale purchases

Topic started by rubberluffy on July 31, 2011. Last post by rubberluffy 3 years ago.
Post by rubberluffy (573 posts) See mini bio Level 16
So, does anyone have a Borders Books near them and has made any manga or anime purchases due to everything being on sale?

So far I've gotten six books:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei vol 1
FMA vol 3
Gunsmith Cats revised edition omnibus vol 1-4

Pretty awesome, I'd been wanting to get those GSC books for a while now, so this was a great excuse.  A shame I'm losing the only two good bookstores near me, though.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Not yet. I will get a couple once they go past 20% off. The one closest to me doesn't have much left that I would want but it still has quite a bit of manga on the shelf. Nice pick ups for yourself but I feel what you mean. What you should do now is shop on RightStuf. The manga is a couple dollars cheaper than the store and there's no sales tax. Plus, shipping is free on orders over $50 and there are weekly deals for various publishers.
Post by rubberluffy (573 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@sotyfan16
I really wanted to wait for the discounts to go up, but the books I got were the only copies they had left, and they were right there, and I had to rescue them.  Also Gunsmith Cats is awesome and everyone should get it.

There's also a bargain bookstore near me, and their manga is 3 or 4 bucks a book, which is awesome (I got Black Lagoon 1, Mushishi 1 and GIntama 9).  Unfortunately their stock is for the most part pretty messed up and small.  Like, books 5, 19 and 24 of one series, or just book 7 of another, or only book 1 of another series, except it is an untranslated JP import.  It is sadly going to be the only nearby bookstore after both nearby Borders close.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel