Bleach: the middle ground of the HST

Topic started by Jinbeifan1 on Nov. 8, 2012. Last post by Destinyheroknight 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Now for a long time, since the release of both animes, One Piece and Naruto have their own selective fans. Most of the time, it is fan vs fan when it comes to arguing over which is better. For many (like myself) they only like one of the two. Why? I'm not sure, it just seems to be the taste of those who read manga. Now some may like botn, but those people are usually not the biggest fans of either. But what I have come to notice is that Bleach, even as a part of the HST, is still liked by both fans. it doesnt have the same type of fans (or at least many that i have seen) as either Naruto or One Piece. it has become a sort of... compromise anime, one that people either agree they like, love or hate. I do like Bleach, and many agree. what do you, the fans think?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,298 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I use to like it, but Aizen (being a mary sue villain) and fullbring kill it for me

Now, I just a zombie reading it until the end

Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Bleach is probably the most hated out of all three and for good reason. The manga is often drivel. Straight up. The anime is better but even they can't fix everything. Plus, I get the feeling that they really hate anything that isn't Aizen. They actually put some effort into making fillers not look like absolute shit but when it's canon material, they don't put in any effort into anything.

I can't blame em though. Canon Bleach is lame shit like people turning into dolls, bad guys that transform into Toucan Sam, and folk battling with magic PSPs.

Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Destinyheroknight said:

I use to like it, but Aizen (being a mary sue villain) and fullbring kill it for me

Now, I just a zombie reading it until the end

How do you mean, why do you think Aizen being mary sue villain, would you explicate it?

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Destinyheroknight: lol thats funny, i kinda feel that way about Fairy Tail, although its gotten a little more interesting lately

@mypasswordis1234:

Well, cause it seem like everything is part of his plan and he beat everyone with no effort.

I like those type of villains, but there is a limit to how much I can handle it. (Aizen kick everyone butt for 34 chapters and it take one chapter to defeat him)

Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Destinyheroknight: I think Aizen is uniquely master planner, and manipulator thanks to his shikai, and has a good style, I liked him. Rather the bount boss, Jin Kariya was the mary sue villain, imo.

Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Destinyheroknight said:

Well, cause it seem like everything is part of his plan and he beat everyone with no effort.

I like those type of villains, but there is a limit to how much I can handle it. (Aizen kick everyone butt for 34 chapters and it take one chapter to defeat him)

He put forth a lot of effort though. He was planning this stuff out for hundreds of years. One thing I love about him is that he's that one bad guy who the good guys don't just catch lucky breaks against and stumble their way to victory. He ultimately got beat on some lucky breaks, stumbling to victory, and flat out laziness of the writer, but I liked that about him before then.

Plus, the Gotei had it coming. Most of them are arrogant bastards and Aizen's level headed and calm arrogance (especially in the Japanese voice acting) is a nice stfu to all of them.

@mypasswordis1234:

Yeah, you right about Jin Kariya LOL!

Well using Mary sue for Aizen was a mistake, I should have said unstoppable force that the good guys should have never win

@sickVisionz:

And that is why I don't like him to be overpower, it make it seem that the good guys never have a chance at winning. I really don't like a one sided battle that someone have to pull something out of there butts to beat the overpower person. It just make me facepalm every time (well, at lease not as bad as Fairy Tail friendship power ups)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel