Bleach! a rip off of Yu Yu Hakusho?!

Topic started by YouFinished on Dec. 4, 2011. Last post by AgentJ 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by YouFinished (1,035 posts) See mini bio Level 9
i always noticed the similarities but damn. just look at this and tell me what you think. 

Basic overall plot:

A delinquent teenager meets a young girl who gives him powers in which he is required to fight demons for beings of the afterlife, he soon encounters a man with red hair and another man with black hair who kidnap the heroes love interest. The hero then sets off to save the love interest, eventually befriending the red haired man and eventually defeating the black haired man and thus freeing his love interest.

Soon after a powerful new enemy appears who was previously thought to be dead, with it turning out the enemy had faked his own death. The enemy then goes on the reveal that they are essentially undefeatable. With no other option but to enter in an arduous series of battles in order to grow strong enough to face this unbeatable enemy the hero as well as his friends battle and grow stronger as they fight. The hero then enters a cave with the challenge of overcoming something within themselves. After overcoming this ordeal the hero is stronger than ever and manages to defeat the supposedly unbeatable enemy. However after the characters defeats the main enemy one of them loses their powers.

Things seem to return to normal, until humans with mysterious powers begin to appear and eventually take the hero to a bizaare house which in turn ends up being a way to train the hero. Not long after it is revealed that the next main villain is also formerly an agent of the afterlife, now causing the hero to have to eseentially face “himself”.

A little something extra: (orginally posted here)

Well when it seemed like (Sensui) Ulquiorra was on pace to beat  (Yusuke) Ichigo, he suddenly  (gets possessed by Raizen)  goes H2 and proceeds to pound the shit out of  (Sensui) Ulquiorra. (Kuwabara and the gang)  Orihime and the gang are completely stunned and wonder to themselves, "Is that really (Yusuke)  Ichigo?" Finally, (Yusuke) Ichigo deals the final blow with a super powered  (spirit gun) Cero. However, (Sensui) Ulquiorra gets his last words in before he dies, never to be seen again.

Afterwards, (Yusuke)  Ichigo is really pissed off about the way he won, feeling that it wasn't really him who defeated (Sensui) Ulquiorra.

Post by JonSmith (185 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Does it really matter? Both series are awesome, and as far as I'm concerned, that's the only thing that matters.

Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13

The bount arc was the exact same as chapter black, otherwise Yu Yu hakasho influenced bleach but not to the point where bleach is a rip off

Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I cannot believe that you just notice it now.... ¬¬

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

wow, no one knew this, except for everybody

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@JonSmith said:

Does it really matter? Both series are awesome, and as far as I'm concerned, that's the only thing that matters.

agreed here. they're both good to watch anyways.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Wouldn't shock me. Bleach's story is ass and only good for anime fight scenes and cool powerups.

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Yes, Bleach is heavily influenced by Yu Yu Hakusho. That's probably why I enjoy it so much; Yu Yu was my first favorite, the first show I watched knowing it was "Anime". Bleach is almost a re-imagining of the premise, and I love it for that. You missed a few though. There's also a "Spirit King" protected by a "Spirit Corps" or "Soul Society" in each (both assigned to fight the demons of another realm). The Spirit Corps don't play a big role in Yu Yu (the only time they really appear is to retrieve Yusuke after the first Sensui fight), making me wonder if the whole premise of Bleach is to examine that plot thread more thoroughly.

There are certainly other elements as well

Post by rubberluffy (589 posts) See mini bio Level 16

And then you have the HunterxHunter/Naruto stuff, too. Seems people really like Togashi-sensei's ideas.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,282 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@rubberluffy:

Hunter X Hunter is made by Togashi-sama

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Eh, does it really matter? Bleach is just DBZ/YYH with swords

As someone once said, "Everything has been done before and there is nothing original in this world."

Post by rubberluffy (589 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Destinyheroknight said:

@rubberluffy:

I know. I was referring to all the things Naruto took from HxH, like Bleach with YYH. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

@rubberluffy said:

@Destinyheroknight said:

@rubberluffy:

I know. I was referring to all the things Naruto took from HxH, like Bleach with YYH. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

I think he was simply saying that Yoshihiro Togashi is a GOD (rough translation of "sama")

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,282 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@AgentJ:

Sigh, no

It means

is a markedly more respectful version of san. It is used mainly to refer to people much higher in rank than oneself, toward one's customers, and sometimes toward people one greatly admires.

@Destinyheroknight said:

@AgentJ:

Sigh, no

It means

is a markedly more respectful version of san. It is used mainly to refer to people much higher in rank than oneself, toward one's customers, and sometimes toward people one greatly admires.

Come on, the word is frequently used for god characters, and that's what I thought you were implying.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel