Biggest Troll Fights in Anime and Manga

Topic started by Fehafare on Dec. 3, 2013. Last post by taichokage 3 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by Fehafare (8,308 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Simple enough eh?

Just post what you consider to be the biggest troll moments regarding a fight in anime, manga or any other media like that.

Gonna kick it off by saying, Yasur Shichika vs Sabi Hakuhei from Katanagatari. Seriously, episode three ends with a preview of episode four. We get to know that Shichika will fight a man who has earned himself the title "Japan's Strongest" and is most likely one of the strongest characters in the series as well as one of the most badass ones even though he had minimal scree time so far. In the preview we see him split the sea in half to fight with Shichika there. Cut apart a good part of the island, CUT A SHARK IN HALF BY LOOKING AT IT and some other crazy stuff.

The comes episode four..... the fight happens completely off screen and at the end Shichika and Togame literally tease you about it just repeating how awesome it was.

I mean come on.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,649 posts) See mini bio Level 12

When you say troll fights do you mean fights in which a certain character gets trolled or do you mean when the author trolls the viewer/readers by altering or not showing a fight?

If it's the former then I'd say Vegito vs Buuhan, (I mean Vegito casually trounced him as a piece of candy, while making fun of him)

if it's the latter I'd say the Yammy fight in Bleach (Kubo hyped Yammy up as being Espada Cero then just kills him off panel -_-)

Post by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (1,271 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Anything involving Neko Majin

Post by othus12 (6,295 posts) See mini bio Level 12

aizen has to be here. damn after all the "bankai hype" this happens:

Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24
That Aizen one isn't trolling imo. The shinigami trained for like thousands of years. Ichigo had been training for 2 weeks. Complete slaughter was the only logical outcome. The fact that Ichi even provides minimal challenge to anyone is more trolling than anything Aizen does.
Post by katmic (306 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Fehafare: I remember that; it was irritating as hell, waiting to see Hakuhei fight only for the anime to simply tell us about how difficult it was, instead of showing us. Then again, as stated at the end, that battle was only epic because Shichika wasn't allowed to break the delicate sword.

@ImDictatorBowDown: I don't like restricting people too much so i say both.

@katmic: Well it was done on purpose. I have to say somewhat a master move. All the time during Ep 4 i just waited for it to switch to the fight. And Episode 12 reveals that the only reason any of the fights lasted any amount of time was because Shichika couldn't break the swords and because he had some other restrictions.

Just found the preview.... so unfair.

@Fehafare: Whoa, that looks amazing; hold on, i never saw this in the anime. Looks like it could have been the best fight in the entire series, expect maybe for the last battle (which shichika technically lost because he was thoroughly shot). What's the point of showing the battle in the preview if it won't make it into the anime?

Okay it looks even better the second time round. I don't get it. They had 60 whole minutes; couldn't they really have sneaked this into the episode?

@katmic: Not really sure if i'd call it a loss. Shichika at that point pretty much wanted to die. The result? He survives with a few gun-shot wounds while Emonzaemon has his limbs and neck broken with his chest torn open and insides splattered on the ground.

And i'm pretty sure they could have made it to fit, they didn't include it on purpose.

They wanted to troll people and they sure did.

Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@katmic said:

@Fehafare: ...expect maybe for the last battle (which shichika technically lost because he was thoroughly shot).

Huh? One dude died. The other guy walked away and is sipping mai thai with hot blondes the next day. How is the dead dude not the clear cut loser and the guy chilling with hot chicks not the clear cut winner?

As far as the episode... eh. You usually got one good fight in an episode of Katanagatari. This one gave you three kick ass fights. I can't complain. Apparently the book was the same way.

@sickVisionz: Yeah Katanagatari was never about the fights anyway (perfectly fine with that as the anime is great but even with that in mind there were some great fights in it), but even so i still would have liked to see the fight with Hakuhei.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Tien vs Cell was pretty stupid.

Post by othus12 (6,295 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@MarioRedfield said:

Tien vs Cell was pretty stupid.

lolololololol

Post by Haiken (1,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Troll fight? Gintoki at Renho arc, he redirected a planet busting laser with a single hand.. How would anyone not mention Gintoki anyway?

Post by LHWKnight (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 12

freaking Naruto vs Konohamaru, the trolling in this ova pissed me off.

Post by phantomrant (1,289 posts) See mini bio Level 10

most medaka box fights

some of the trolling was good, the rest was meh.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,649 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@LHWKnight said:

freaking Naruto vs Konohamaru, the trolling in this ova pissed me off.

I don't know why they don't just allow Naruto to skip the exam, he's already stronger than the Hokage and he'd look a lot cooler with the chunnin vest rather than with his iconic orange jumpsuit

Post by LHWKnight (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@ImDictatorBowDown: Exactly and then that ending... Really, so he reflexively goes into Sage mode, and instead of just telling him that he couldn't use it, they all call him an idiot and tell him that he is disqualified.

Post by taichokage (12,621 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Seriously. Do they really want him to partake in the Chuunin exam at this point? He's capable of soloing Konoha pretty easily and it will only get worse.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel