Biggest Ripoff in Anime

Topic started by waybig1010101 on Nov. 24, 2012. Last post by takashichea 2 weeks, 1 day ago.
Post by flashback180 (548 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

anime logic 101

long hair +tattoos = power up

Post by katmic (333 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@SMXLR8 said:

@Whats_out_the_bag: No matter how "original" you think your stories are there will be some thing that someone would say reminds them of something else , so it's not easy

An anime or manga or any story of any kind doesn't have to be original to be different. There are many series about kids with orangish hair that can see ghosts and even go on to fight spirit based enemies which you would never connect to bleach. there are also tons of shows about ninjas with super abilities which you cannot even begin to connect to Naruto. something doesn't need to be original to be different. Just look at madoka magica and sailor moon. madoka is not original in its ideas but it is most definitely not a ripoff of sailor moon.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,079 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@katmic: that is what I meant by my comment also you kind of missed my point

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@SMXLR8: It's very simple to make something different. At least for me. Just simple don't try to copy anything, think outside of the box. There's MANY MANY stories that don't copy. Being similar is bond to happen, which I don't mind. But copying is different, coping is barely changing anything, and simply living the entire plot and being in tact. Bleach copes. And you can excuse that with... well it's hard to make a story, so that means It's now justifiable to copy someone else's thought or idea.

If they took one thing from YYH, It would simply be either similarity or inspiration. Kind of like FMA and InuYasha having some similar aspirated traits ( Which it's common knowledge she's a big fan). We can see one or two minor similarities, but other than that they aren't the same at all. Bleach simply called it something else and left all of the original creators finger prints on it. This thread is simply to point out "In your face Ripoffs" ( A joke really).

Post by SMXLR8 (7,079 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Whats_out_the_bag: there will ALWAYS be those people who look at a story and say it looks like this or that but yeah copying is bad , same with stealing someones work , ect

Post by Dream (7,415 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Most debated case: Lion King and Kimba the White Lion.

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Dream:

WOW what a ripoff.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,228 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Dream:

That bring me back when I was a kid, I remember when I first saw Kimba. It was a preview at the end of a Ranma 1/2 or Pokemon VHS, and I blindly call it a rip off to Lion King

But, I can't be mad at the Lion King. it bring me one of the best Villains song :)

So, it get a pass from me

Post by Dream (7,415 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Destinyheroknight: I meant Lion King being a Kimba ripoff. Kimba's been around since the 1960s.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,228 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Dream:

I know, I was giving you my thoughts when I first saw Kimba as a kid

That why I say I forgive Lion King, because of that song :)

Post by takashichea (11,700 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@SMXLR8 said:

@Whats_out_the_bag: there will ALWAYS be those people who look at a story and say it looks like this or that but yeah copying is bad , same with stealing someones work , ect

What's wrong with that? Folks just want to do it for fun. Agreed with What's out of the Bag and Katmic on their arguments.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel