Biggest Ripoff in Anime

Topic started by waybig1010101 on Nov. 24, 2012. Last post by ShadowKnight508 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@takashichea: I remember the Kenpachi rip off dude... I thought that was funny. And it looks like he also has the same attitude as Ken-chan.

Post by takashichea (10,580 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@DBZ_universe:

Oh, my bad.

When I look at the comics, I thought it was a parody comic. It didn't look real, and it reminded me of Grim Tales of Down Below except less cartoony.

Post by waybig1010101 (2,223 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@takashichea: i think we found our winner

@takashichea: Wow.. alot of characters look like the real characters..

Post by takashichea (10,580 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@waybig1010101:

I was thinking something else, but it kudos to for pointing it out. It was my first time seeing the man's work, and how much similarities it had to Bleach and other series.

@DBZ_universe:

You're talking about Grim Tales From Down Below?

Unlike Nick Simmons' Incarnate work, this is a fan homage to the series with a different spin. I don't think they sell their work.

I heard of the series from when I got curious about his Twitter Profile image. It was a good series but mind numbing because you got tons of characters from different shows. I stop reading it afterwards.

@takashichea: Yes I am talking about Grim tales from down below. Well it does look pretty cool... especially Grim..

Post by KingOfAsh (1,322 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Could it get more blunt than this?

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@takashichea: Yeah. Grim Tales from Down Below borrowed heavily on various Cartoon Network/Nick series for it's story. Another one is the dark, edgy PPG spin-off that the team at SNAFU did (2004-2010?). See below (example):

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel