Best martial artist/fighter in ALL fiction?

Topic started by Killer_of_trolls on May 13, 2013. Last post by solesamurai 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@SMXLR8: Well he pretty much surpassed conceivable human limits by training for years. Even though he is not the strongest physically, as a martial artist, he has excellent mastery over it even compared to stronger series.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,184 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@UltimateHero0406: it's not that impressive , Like I said he is not that high up there

@SMXLR8: For a human normal human, his abilities are pretty impressive.

@UltimateHero0406: yes but for a super human they are not

@SMXLR8: Yes but that's not the point. As a martial artist, he honed himself to beyond human limits. For the martial arts in and of them self, surpassing your limits is a very high achievement.

Look at it this way:

Ichigo is stronger than Batman. But Batman is better trained and knows more about martial arts.

Or you can look at it another way:

For an adult, learning calculus is nothing special. But a 5 year-old learning calculus is pretty impressive.

@UltimateHero0406 : Point noted but my comment stands

@SMXLR8: That's cool

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@UltimateHero0406: Go to the link in the OP. Also, read Baki the Grappler to see how much mind-fuckery can be made with martial arts logic and fighting philosophy. I'm still trying to figure out how by the end of the series they

were cooking a full course meal out of air, and flipping imaginary tables. they had TASTE AND MASS TEXTURE!!!

Also, Karate Kid (Val) who DC insists is a normal human can fight with kryptoninans. Some of the worst WIS in comics.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,132 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Killer_of_trolls said:

Also, Karate Kid (Val) who DC insists is a normal human can fight with kryptoninans. Some of the worst WIS in comics.

He IS human, as in he was born on Earth to human parents. However, he is also born a thousand years later. They have better medicine, technology, better everything really. So he is human, but possible due to human advancement, all the variables might enhance his abilities. Faster thinking - learn martial arts quicker, faster reflexes, speed etc.

Or the other option my friend likes to use, Karate Kid is an abomination. Good way though.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Killer_of_trolls said:

He IS human, as in he was born on Earth to human parents. However, he is also born a thousand years later. They have better medicine, technology, better everything really. So he is human, but possible due to human advancement, all the variables might enhance his abilities. Faster thinking - learn martial arts quicker, faster reflexes, speed etc.

Or the other option my friend likes to use, Karate Kid is an abomination. Good way though.

Nope, that's not even implied. I know all that. The only reason behind all of his feats is learning thousands of martial arts from different planets, and concentration. It is still WIS, anyway, since non of the other 30th century humans were obviously "normal" people. You're friend is wise, cause writing-wise, he is an abomination.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Karate kid(DC)

Batman Family

Wonder Woman

Ryu hayabusa

Luke Cage

Iron fist

Ra's Al Ghul

Akuma/Gouken

All I can think of ATM

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel