Beck to Become a Live-Action Film

Topic started by GodLen on June 1, 2009. Last post by transgojobot 5 years, 3 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

One of the first things I though of when I first started to watch Beck is that it would make a great live-action film or television show. Well, Japan has finally read my thoughts and has put this project into motion. Yukihiko Tsutsumi of 20th Century Boys fame will be directing this film, which will begin shooting the beginning of July, and will open in Japan Fall of 2010.

The super awesome man we all would like to be/marry, Hiro Mizushima,  will play the roll of Ryusuke Minami. You might know him as Tendou Souji from Kamen Rider Kabuto. Takeru Satoh (Kamen Rider Den-O, Princess Princess) will play the role of Yukio Tanaka, Kenta Kiritani (Crows Zero) as the rapper Chiba, Aoi Nakamura (Shinigami no Ballad, Koizora) as Yuji Sakurai, and finally Osamu Mukai (Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile) as Taira.

The great thing about this movie is that 30 original songs will be written for it, and that the actors themselves will undergo intensive training to become world-class musicians. This is not going to be a normal band with Ryusuke Minami leading it, this is going to be an epic band that will be even better than the manga version. Are you excited people, or is Beck better left untouched?

[Via Sports Hochi]
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
BECK LIVE ACTION!? OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Post by JELEINEN (49 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I imagine that it'll suffer from the same problem the anime did: the music won't be as awesome and revolutionary as the story makes it out to be.
Post by Kiriska (112 posts) See mini bio Level 2
EXCITEMENT! GLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_o

:D :D :D
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Oh jeezus! Uber excitement mode ON!
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
AWESOME.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
"Grandmother said this, 'Gibson Les Paul guitars and multi-colored dogs equal rock stardom.' "
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
This is most excellent XD
Post by Lance_McCloud (67 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I haven't seen Beck, but I might give this a chance as I'm trying to watch more Japanese live action series and movies, working my way through Garo right now. And Hiro Mizushima was great in Kamen Rider Kabuto, so great in fact that they had to go with two wussy characters the following years to balance it out. and on that not, its sad to see Takeru Satoh in there as I wasnt impressed with him in Den-O. sure, he got a really unlikeable character to play, but I still wasnt to impressed. The rest I cant coment on, but this could be a neat movie I think.
Post by transgojobot (122 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I'm curbing my excitement, until they announce who's playing Maho.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel