Bandai Announcement Party Thread

Topic started by gia on Dec. 14, 2008. Last post by Niko 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
For those keeping track, by the way, we've got an hour and a half left.

In the meantime, I'm working on the 2009 Winter Anime Preview! <3
Less than 30 minutes to go until the announcement, guys!
Apparently Stephanie Sheh is making a special surprise guest appearance at the moment...
Post by joshsanimeblog (33 posts) See mini bio Level 1
everyone's final predictions? Idolmaster Xenoglossia? lol
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
waits another 27 minutes while doing some important stuff on another site.................
They're waiting-- so that they can sync up with Japan!...Maybe NOT Macross F. Maybe something completely new?
well the official website now has "mobile suit gundam wing:" and that's it on it now...
My plant says they're playing a clip and trying to sync up with Japan. The official BEI website says something about Gundam Wing. Kurokami!
Kurokami.  Says English dub will air on iATV (doesn't do me a lot of good).  I want to know if they're going to release it simultaneously english sub online.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Kurokami

"Simultaneous TV Broadcast with Japand and Korea!!!! Dubbed in English for iATV in North America!!"

http://twitter.com/bandaient
If you missed it, it's posted on the front page now. Make sure to check out the link to the press release too. ^_^
gia said:
"If you missed it, it's posted on the front page now. Make sure to check out the link to the press release too. ^_^"
Where is the link to the press release? I don't see it...
I wish it was on a bigger channel that I actually got. Actually doing this is awesome, but I wouldn't mind a few days delay to air on a more wide-spread channel like Sci-Fi.
joshsanimeblog said:
"gia said:
"If you missed it, it's posted on the front page now. Make sure to check out the link to the press release too. ^_^"
Where is the link to the press release? I don't see it..."
Um, on the post on the front page, where it says "Click here to see the full press release." Or, alternately, here.
gia said:
"joshsanimeblog said:
"gia said:
Where is the link to the press release? I don't see it..."
Um, on the post on the front page, where it says "Click here to see the full press release." Or, alternately, here."
Oh, I was looking on BAndai's page lol.

edit: so no online distribution?  Well that sucks.  How many people honestly get iATV?  I mean, it's nice that they're doing this, but still, one of the problems with anime in the first place is that it's not all that legally available unless it's out on DVD... (just sayin)
Haha, sorry if i was unclear :)
Post by scottfrye (25 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Sorta of a lame announcement. Cool that its a simultaneous release but not cool that its on a tv channel that not alot of people get
Post by scottfrye (25 posts) See mini bio Level 2
alot of people are like "kurokami? what the hell is that? never heard of it." At least on twitter thats what im hearing
Yeah, saw that too, but really, how many series can they announce where hordes of people will be like "oh yeah, I've heard of that."  I mean, if they did this for, say, Toradora going into the fall season, there would probably be a lot of people, including myself, going "toradora, what's that?" so I don't really find that a legitimate complaint about the announcement.  My main complaint that it's on a TV station that only people in LA, Hawaii, and a few people in Texas and around NYC get.  I really hope they find a way to get this on hulu or something by the time it's supposed to air.
It took a moment to put it with the Black God manga I see in bookstores. I know that's what Kurokami means, but name recognition isn't always that easy.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel