Bandai Announcement Party Thread

Topic started by gia on Dec. 14, 2008. Last post by Niko 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Hanging around on this beautiful Sunday? Sit here and speculate with me on what Bandai's going to announce!
So what are you all doing on this fine Sunday, hanging around on a website? I'm sitting in anticipation of the announcement, and trying to decide if I need to do any errands today-- chains are now required in order to drive in the area, and I HATE putting chains on the car!

And I'm also watching the news; they've preempted some big golf thing for 24-hour snow coverage at the moment, which is kinda fun. (Golf is boring to watch anyway.) Oh, and knitting. Yeah, I know, I'm like an old woman. But I'm knitting something really awesome for a friend, so it's okay. Right?

...Right?

But let's move more into speculation. What do you think that cryptic bit about an annoyingly catchy song was about? Was it just a reference to Lucky Star ("wrong channel")? Or is it related to the new announcement? Zetsubou-sensei has some catchy tunes (bure bure bure bure)...
Post by Entonias (3 posts) See mini bio Level 1
They're announcing a new Gundam. I bet you a dollar!
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I just finished watching episode 11 of Casshern Sins (twas great btw), and now I'm reading about the powerful martial art that is Sexy Commando!

Post by MrBoobo (16 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I have no clue what it is going to be I just hope it is worth the hype. Maybe they got the Eva movie.
Post by yuetheguardian (93 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Chains? I don't know what you mean by chains Gia? I have absolutly no clue as to what they are announcing
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Probably just going to stay at home and hang out with friends. Got some catching up to do online too, so I'll be doing that. Otherwise, it'll be a slow day.

No idea on what Bandai will announce, but I hope it'll be awesome.
Post by Entonias (3 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Oh, today I'm sitting around and playing Animal Crossing: Wild World.
yue: They're literally chains that you put on your rear tires in order to create more traction while driving. They're terrible for the road, which is why you don't leave them on your car all the time...but they're pretty necessary if it gets icy.

Eva movies are definitely a possibility IMO.
Just sitting here with you guys doing nothing else worth while, man do I have no life or what?
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
As for the new announcement, I've no idea, but I will be overjoyed if it it is the new Eva movies.
  I need my Ramiel awesomeness.
Hmmm, the event starts at noon...the timer on the website is counting down to 4pm PST. I wonder when the announcement will actually be made? Good thing I have a friend at the event who's going to text me when it happens!
o_O I  maybe its cause I live in detroit but I have never heard of putting chains on your car for icy conditions.never gone to far north really.
yuetheguardian said:
"Just sitting here with you guys doing nothing else worth while, man do I have no life or what?"
Hey, hey, hey-- we have lives. They just revolve around cartoons. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

You don't get snow in detroit?
Post by scottfrye (25 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I think some are speculating that Bandai might announce Macross Frontier. I'm not sure myself. It does sound like something up their alley. I wish it was the Eva movies but i doubt that will be it.

Hopefully, its not Macross Frontier. It was not a bad series but I didn't love it. I would rather have something else.
scottfrye said:
"I think some are speculating that Bandai might announce Macross Frontier. I'm not sure myself. It does sound like something up their alley. I wish it was the Eva movies but i doubt that will be it.

Hopefully, its not Macross Frontier. It was not a bad series but I didn't love it. I would rather have something else."
Macross Frontier would definitely be interesting...people have been pushing at Harmony Gold for ages on that front, and it would even tie in with the annoyingly addictive song concept.  I'd give it decent odds, maybe 10:1.

Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
"<!-- What... what is that annoyingly addictive song?! →"
I say Macross Frontier
Post by joshsanimeblog (33 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I'm probably way off hoping that it's Nijuu Mensou no Musume.  It isn't a big enough title to garner this much attention, and the stuff on the website doesn't match the title, other than it being an unusual one.  But here's to hoping I guess.
we do get snow in detroit just not blizzard like or anything, we regularly get it in fact, but even still as car capital (callapsing) we don't put chains on our cars.
Gah, I completely forgot it's almost lunch time. Since it's all snowy outside I'm thinkin' soup, but I've got all these leftovers from the party last night...including a completely unopened tray of ham/cheese/turkey/crackers...>_<;; What are you guys having (or did you have)?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel