AVWP Week #2: Which Anime/Manga Franchise has the BEST Video Games?!

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Jan. 12, 2013. Last post by DocHaus 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Dragon Ball
  • Bleach
  • Naruto
  • One Piece
  • Other (Let Us Know in the Comments!)
Post by ComicMan24 (8,759 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I have only played one DBZ game and that was ok. So I am going to go with E. And my choice for that is Pokemon.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

PLEASE NOTE: This poll is for games based on anime, not games that anime are based on like Pokémon

@ComicMan24 said:

I have only played one DBZ game and that was ok. So I am going to go with E. And my choice for that is Pokemon.

I should have pointed out that Pokémon isn't one of the options because the Pokémon anime is based on the games. This is supposed to be a poll about games based on anime/manga. My bad on that one.

Post by ComicMan24 (8,759 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton said:

@ComicMan24 said:

I should have pointed out that Pokémon isn't one of the options because the Pokémon anime is based on the games. This is supposed to be a poll about games based on anime/manga. My bad on that one.

It did cross my mind because I thought it was weird that Pokemon wasn't included in this at first. Ohh well in that case, my vote goes to DB.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,813 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Easily DB. The Naruto ones are getting better I have to admit. But the DBZ games are pretty awesome.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,063 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Voted DBZ, would have voted Other for Pokémon if I had thought of it before hand. Good job I didn't because it would have been a waste of a vote.

Post by MrXD (643 posts) See mini bio Level 15

None, sorry but I never played any games that based on an anime.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

DBZ because they just have so many. They make a new one every year and I always get it... and people think I hate DBZ...

Post by Fat_Magnum (2,493 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Of all those franchises, I've only played one anime game among them that I actually thought was pretty excellent: Bleach: Dark Souls on the DS. That said, I also rather enjoy Dragonball Z Budokai 3, a pretty good Dragonball time.

But, as we all know, licensed games are generally terrible.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,063 posts) See mini bio Level 12

My favourite Dragon Ball Z game would surprise everyone. Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Super Saiyan.

I've played over 400 hours on Pokémon Crystal. I've played around the same on this game. The art work done by Toriyama also. :D I think it may have been written by him also.

Love Hyper Dimension. That's the one where you got all the Dragon Ball Z Sprites. When I was in my early teens I made a lot of them. I still remember my first one.

Found one

14 when I made that. Think that was the last one I ever made. I broke my PC after than and never had a computer for about 1/2 years later. So I had lost track.

Post by rubberluffy (568 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Supreme Marvel:

I've played through that weird little DBZ RPG so many times.

Hyper Dimension is one of the best looking SNES games, but I tried playing it again recently and did not have any fun with the actual game part, unfotunately.

Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
DB games for the most part have been terrible, there are probably 5 decent DB games out of the hundreds made. But it looks like I don't have much choice but to vote for it because, most other anime games I can think of are bad.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,168 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Batman :)

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Destinyheroknight: Cheater! Batman always wins.

My favorite anime based game would be the Yugioh games.

Post by DocHaus (925 posts) See mini bio Level 18

I'll toss in a vote for Afro Samurai. I thought the game handled the story pretty well even if the combat itself was merely "okay."

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel