AVWP Week #2: Swimsuit Contest #2!

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Jan. 11, 2013. Last post by Daniel_Newton 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) Level
Online Now

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Satellizer el Bridget!
  • Nami!
  • Tomo Yamanobe!
  • Kuroyukihime!
  • Lucy Heartfilia!
  • Kirino Kousaka!
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

Welcome to the second bracket of the AVWP Tournament: Swimsuit Contest Extravaganza! Check out the six contestants below and choose one to send to the finals.

Entry PhotoContestant Info
Satellizer el Bridget (サテライザー=エル=ブリジット Sateraizā Eru Burijitto)
Series: Freezing
Hailing from the United Kingdom, Satellizer is a powerful Pandora; a genetically modified girl with superhuman fighting abilities. This may be a slightly different type of tournament to what she's used to, but she still has a fighting chance. Satellizer is wearing a very revealing and unusual ensemble; consisting of a white sling bikini complete with a royal cape, scepter and crown! Her entry photo also features her friends Rana and Attia.
Nami (ナミ Nami)
Series: One Piece
Nami is the navigator of the Straw Hat Pirates, and she's probably one of the prettiest pirates on the seven seas (or however many seas there are where she comes from, anyway). Nami picked out a blue string bikini decorated with white beads, which contrasts nicely with her vibrant orange hair. We're not entirely sure what's going on in the background...
Tomo Yamanobe (山辺 燈 Yamanobe Tomo)
Series: Seikon no Qwaser
Tomo is a kind hearted, sweet natured girl, and while obviously physically very mature, she is actually quite fragile. Thankfully she was up for a trip to the beach for our swimsuit contest. Tomo decided to wrap herself up like a present in her pink bikini and white sandals decorated with little ribbons, there's even a ribbon in her hair to complete the outfit.
Kuroyukihime (黒雪姫 Kuroyukihime)
Series: Accel World
Kuroyukihime (meaning Black Snow Princess, she won't actually reveal her real name) is the beautiful and popular Student Council Vice-President at Umesato Junior High School. Her swimsuit of choice is a dark purple string bikini that accentuates her very slender form, just how much midriff can one person have, anyway?
Lucy Heartfilia (ルーシィ・ハートフィリア Rūshii Hātofiria)
Series: Fairy Tail
Lucy is a talented celestial spirit mage and member of the rambunctious Fairy Tail Guild. She's quite confident in her looks, and after seeing Erza enter this competition signing up herself sounded like fun. Lucy's outfit includes a red string bikini with matching red sunglasses, a cute star earring, and a pink wrist band that matches her Fairy Tail Guild Insignia. Fellow guild member Wendy also makes a guest appearance!
Kirino Kousaka (高坂 桐乃 Kōsaka Kirino)
Series: Oreimo
Kirino gets top grades at school, is a budding track-and-field competitor, a published novelist, and a fashion model. While that's all very impressive, the last point may just give her an edge in this competition. Kirino has chosen a green string bikini paired with some bright pink shades. She doesn't mind letting the Anime Vice audience know that she also happens to be a closet otaku! That's pretty hard to believe, though!
Post by Dekken (526 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

This one is an easy choice, I voted for Nami.

Post by Acura_Max (2,431 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Dekken said:

This one is an easy choice, I voted for Nami.

Online Now

Sorry this went up a little later than I'd planned. It takes longer than you might think to put one of these polls together, I'll try to get things ready in advance next week.

I knew Nami would be popular, but I also know there are a bunch of Fairy Tail fans around here, so it could get interesting... I voted for Tomo though, as much as I like Lucy. Tomo's just... damn.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Tomo <3

Dat ass + dem tits = FTW

Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Pretty tough one here, since I like all the girls here. But I;ll go with Tomo in close one with Satelizer.
Post by ComicMan24 (8,760 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Like how you set up those contests. So organized. Anyway, Kuroyukihime for me. I admit, I am biased lol

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,233 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Satellizer for me. I do like Kuroyukihime but I love it when Satellizer goes nuts and kick arse!

Post by DBZ_universe (15,887 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Kirino Kousaka, she looks adorable.

Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Satellizer el Bridget, because sling bikinis are great.

Post by bigz007 (1,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Satellizer el Bridget really resemble Tsukiumi from Sekirei.

Post by Bigheart711 (4,206 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Dangerously close with Tomo and Kirino, but I chose Nami even though I haven't been following One Piece much. The main reason was because her swimsuit suits her very well and her orange hair only makes the outfit much better.

Post by samweller999 (69 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Staff

Nami is the dead ringer, but I have to give it to Lucy... because I mark out for Wendy making guest appearances.

Post by takashichea (14,381 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

I was expecting some sort One Piece and Fairy Tail rivalry since this community is big on these two franchises. I voted for Lucy only to see Nami way into first place.

Where all of my Fairy Tail folks at?

Online Now

@ComicMan24 said:

Like how you set up those contests. So organized. Anyway, Kuroyukihime for me. I admit, I am biased lol

Thanks! Writing the info for characters from shows I haven't watched can be a little tough, but I like to go the extra mile.

@samweller999 said:

Nami is the dead ringer, but I have to give it to Lucy... because I mark out for Wendy making guest appearances.

I had a feeling you'd vote for Lucy, considering your love for Fairy Tail, and I'm right there with you on that. It's a fun show with great characters that doesn't take itself too seriously, it's a shame Tom doesn't seem to get it, but hey!

@takashichea said:

I was expecting some sort One Piece and Fairy Tail rivalry since this community is big on these two franchises. I voted for Lucy only to see Nami way into first place.

Yeah, that's what I thought would happen. I definitely expected Nami to take the lead regardless, what I didn't count on was how popular Satellizer and Tomo are (which is a nice surprise since I voted for Tomo), Satellizer is even beating Lucy! That's what makes it interesting though, I suppose. It would be boring if we could predict the results perfectly every time.

Post by ComicMan24 (8,760 posts) See mini bio Level 12

You can do it Kuroyukihime!! You can do it!!!!

Post by Petiew (244 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I voted for Kirino, but looks like Nami is going to win it easily!
Post by AURON570 (573 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I ended up voting for Tomo... Not sure why I haven't even watched the series, but here was sort of my thought process of why I like certain female characters over others.

It was between Tomo and Nami. My first thought was that Nami would be more able to beat me up, but then I was like... Saeko and Nico could probably beat me up if they wanted to... I guess it comes down to being more mature? Nami, although pretty level-headed and rational, can sometimes get swept up in emotions. But then I was like... is Tomo more mature than Nami?... ehhhh.

So I figure my decision ended up being about who would be less violent. Saeko and Nico probably wouldn't resort to violence if they didn't need to. Whereas Nami has shown to be violent to keep other people in line, like punching Luffy/Sanji/Zoro/Ussop in the head for acting silly.

And I guess that says something about why I either prefer more innocent characters or more mature characters, because there is more predictability about how they will act. Here I'm assuming that Tomo is an innocent character, but I could be wrong, since I haven't seen the anime. xD

P.S. Keep up the polls, this is turning out to be more interesting than I thought it would be (for me at least). =D

Online Now

@AURON570: Wow, you sure put a lot of thought into that. You know it's a swimsuit contest and not a girlfriend contest right? I guess it's up to you how you decide who to vote for though. You're spot-on with Tomo; she's the type who couldn't hurt a fly, much less beat you up, and she's very innocent. And thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying these polls, that makes it worth me posting them.

Looks like Tomo is only one vote behind Nami, and Satellizer and Lucy are only one vote behind Tomo. One vote is enough to change things but there isn't long left!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel