AVWP Week #2: Read the Manga Chapter or Wait for the Anime Episode?

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Jan. 12, 2013. Last post by katmic 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • I Can't Wait for the Anime Episode! I'll Read the Latest Manga Chapter
  • I Want to see it Animated! I'll Wait for the Anime Episode
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Poll Info

There are many series, typically shōnen titles (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc.) that have both the original manga version and an anime adaptation running at the same time. Because the anime events are behind the manga events, you're faced with a tough decision; do you read the manga first and optionally watch the anime as well, or do you ignore the latest manga chapters, and watch the episodes, even though it's further behind in the story? Vote and let us know why in the comments.

Note: To be clear, this isn't a simple "Manga vs. Anime" poll, it's specifically about long-running franchises with both a manga and an anime version available.

Post by DocHaus (933 posts) See mini bio Level 18

In most cases I prefer the manga, but with Gintama it's the opposite. I guess the voice actors just have a way of bringing it to life that makes the manga feel inadequate.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,985 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

I'd rather read the manga chapter if I were interested in it as well as the anime version.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Rather knock out the manga chapter before watching the anime episode. Unfortunately, I have a ton of One Piece chapters to catch up on in order to be able to read the chapter before watching the anime.

Post by katmic (399 posts) See mini bio Level 10

when i am about to start reading a manga, i first find out if it has an anime adaptation. if it has one, i dump it and wait for the anime.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel