AV Site Re-Design: LIVE!

Topic started by ethan on April 20, 2009. Last post by coonce 5 years, 4 months ago.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
We just updated AV with the new site design and code.  Now it has been brought in line with Comicvine and Giantbomb's designs/code.  Let me know if you have any problems.  Tell us what you like or don't. 

There are new features, like managing image galleries is all drag and drop.  We added twitter and updates to your profiles.  Anyhoo, just use the site and let us know what you think.
Post by rocketbomber (226 posts) See mini bio Level 9
kneejerk-fossil-geezer-reaction:

"Oi! Now you've ruined everything!"

Dude, I've only so many reboots left before I'll be unable to cognitative process the intarwebs; are you sure you wanted to waste one on a cosmetic update?

My recalcitrance to change can be assuaged with additional beer; any efforts expended in this direction would be greatly appreciated

Post by paploo (48 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Nice! Similar to the old, but less busy.
Staff
rocketbomber said:
"kneejerk-fossil-geezer-reaction:

"Oi! Now you've ruined everything!"

Dude, I've only so many reboots left before I'll be unable to cognitative process the intarwebs; are you sure you wanted to waste one on a cosmetic update?

My recalcitrance to change can be assuaged with additional beer; any efforts expended in this direction would be greatly appreciated

"
Not to worry this redesign comes with HUGE code changes on the database/server side too. :)
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The site seems a little broken to me, is it fine for everyone else?
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Yep seems fine to me. ^^
Awesome redesign haven't found any bugs yet and i <3 the dragging feature in the Gallery`s that helps a lot XD
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
sweet, I need to test you the Image option
Hmm, maybe I need to clear my browser cache or something, there is a weird purple line where is shouldn't be, thebuttons are messed up and my image gallery is messed up too...
Staff
Clear your browser cache if the site looks funny.  Your browser is loading old images.  

PC users.... ctrl + r

Apple users... command + r
oh  yea, Ethan can you link to the template to customize the user page, I.E. the wallpaper
Staff
Agent_Lost said:
"oh  yea, Ethan can you link to the template to customize the user page, I.E. the wallpaper"
Not sure I know where that link is?
Hmm, everything but the images is fine now, not sure what's going on with those.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Agent_Lost Do you mean where you can add a wallpaper to your background?
The option can be found when you edit you profile pictures ^^

LoL i already did mine just like i did on the vine but its more confusing over here XD
Actually, there a Photoshop file in Giant bomb that has all the dimension that you can download and used to make a custom file and upload to the site. Problem is that GB is down right now
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Do you mean the guide? It has a photoshop file in there.... that was originally posted by Snide.
yep that the one. Time to go to work make something that look bad.
Oh and there is an orange line across the bottom of the page, shouldn't that be purple or pink? And what happened to the one at the top of the page?
Post by Sonata (35,387 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Its looks cool I likeXD
Post by DJTyrant (118 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Yeah images for some of the buttons are messed up for me.
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
New layout looks great! However, there are some issues with the wiki acting all wonky.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel