At what age did you start watching anime?

Topic started by MrASSH0LE on Aug. 15, 2011. Last post by earthwormjim 3 years, 4 months ago.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,335 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I started at 10 years old with Inuyasha,Zatch Bell,Death Note, FMA and Naruto on Bionix (basically canadian toonami).
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Whenever DBZ started on Toonami. So, like 9 years old. I took about a 5 year break between then and now though.
Post by Muerthoz (14 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I remember watching when SciFi aired anime on Saturday mornings. I think I was 16 at the time.
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I was five years old when my brother made me watch Pokemon with him, then we moved on to Digimon. Then i moved on to Toonami, and then on to Adult Swim, and a combination of Code Geass and Naruto brought me onto the internet.
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@ninjadude853 said:
I was five years old when my brother made me watch Pokemon with him, then we moved on to Digimon. Then i moved on to Toonami, and then on to Adult Swim, and a combination of Code Geass and Naruto brought me onto the internet.
+1 except that after Digimon/Pokemon I moved on to Naruto and One Piece, then Slam Dunk and others.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Around five or seven

Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Around the time normal Toonami started up, or just a bit before with Speed Racer on Nickelodeon. 

EDIT: So around 7-9 years of age...
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Hmm...I started watching when Pokemon began airing on the WBKids! block of programming when I was roughly 6/7, so that results in me watching anime since 1997.

Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Kindergarten, i was the kid who introduced pokemon to my school. 
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10

i was about 10-13 when i saw my first anime. it was either ninja scroll or akira. cannot remember which
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I was in second grade when Battle of the Planets started airing on my local TV station, so I would guess 8 years old, maybe?  I wasn't until I was a senior in high school that I was able to find VHS tapes of anime in comic shops.  Project A-ko and Bubblegum Crisis were the shows, although I don't know which I saw first.
Post by Bigheart711 (4,212 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I started watching anime when I was 14 (not counting the moment I started watching Pokemon (5-6 years old) ).
Post by Sonata (35,691 posts) See mini bio Level 20

When I was about 8or 9 watching Sailor Moon early in the mornings:)

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I think I was like three when I started watching anime, even though I didn't know what the hell it was at that age :P 

ND
Post by Dream (8,310 posts) See mini bio Level 21
8-9 years old when Sci-Fi Channel aired anime movies and OAVs frequently during the mid-1990s.
Post by earthwormjim (14 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I started watching anime when I was in  Kindergarden, so when I was around six years old.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel