Are SS omega and lost canvas stand alone?

Topic started by rein on Oct. 18, 2013. Last post by sickVisionz 11 months ago.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Hey, quick question. Can i watch saint seiya omega and Saint seiya lost canvas without having watched the original? (I've gotten spoiled, i watch everything on my tv from crunchyroll now)

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@rein: Yes. The story of Saint Seiya is basically that every generation or so there is a massive war between two forces. All Saint Seiya series just cover that particular generation's war. You can jump in on any series and not be lost or confused as it always starts from scratch.

Warning though, Lost Canvas stops in the middle at 26 episodes and there is like zero chance of a season 2 coming. I'd still suggest it because it's a great ride and better than Omega imo, but heads up on that.

Omega is kinda eh. It has it's high points. The first 26 episodes are great but it goes downhill for like the next 20. It's kinda insane because it's really beautiful looking and well animated, then something happens. You're in for mediocre story and animation when the are starts looking more like One Piece than Casshern Sins. The CS guy did the character designs I believe so when it looks like CS that's a sign that there's some attention to detail going on. When the art style doesn't even look like what it's supposed to, that's usually a sign that everything about the episode from animation to writing was done by the C-team and it's just meh.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel