Animevice is soo dry!!!

Topic started by VinoVash1234 on March 11, 2013. Last post by AURON570 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by VinoVash1234 (78 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Theres nothing to do anymore, its soo quiet, nothing new is being started. Is anyone ever online at all?

Post by Acura_Max (2,330 posts) See mini bio Level 13

You should become a wiki editor. There's always stuff to do when you're one.

Edit: It's still more active than Screened on a weekend.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,244 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

It a Monday, it usually slow

Post by Sonata (35,337 posts) See mini bio Level 20
BLOG, Wiki Edit, Quests for those who haven't finished them up yet, View and discuss the new anime trailers, The Vice Pit. This is pretty much a community ran site, so you have plenty freedom to do whatever you want to make your own happiness.As long as it is within the rules.
Post by AURON570 (565 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Yeah like Sonata said. Just start small: wiki editing, blogging, forums, whatever you want. I find it helps to do stuff with anime that you're currently watching.

So for example let's say I watch a new episode of an anime. Maybe I'll write a blog about what I found interesting, or give my impressions. Maybe if I liked a particular scene, I'll take a screenshot and share it. Or maybe I'll work on the relevant episode page on the wiki (there's always lots of small things to do on the wiki, especially for new series).

It all really depends, just don't be sad if no one replies or it feels like no one cares. Since there are A LOT of anime out there, and Animevice has a small community, chances are only a small portion of people read your post have watched the episode you have watched. BUT as long as you're having fun with the anime your watching and sharing what you want with the site, then that is what matters.

Post by bigz007 (1,089 posts) See mini bio Level 20

If it's too dry, put some water on it. I'm sorry, I had to do it : /

Post by DBZ_universe (15,675 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@bigz007 said:

If it's too dry, put some water on it. I'm sorry, I had to do it : /

LOL!

Post by othus12 (6,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

: (

Post by takashichea (11,865 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@VinoVash1234: @Sonata:

Speaking of trailers like Sonata mentioned, you can check out the Spring Anime 2013 Trailers Archive Blog that my teammates and I were doing. You can help out, too. Just leave a comment there.

Oh Sonata, I found a lovely trailer for an ecchi series that you and Dekken are fond of. You have wait a moment while I get it ready. I can't tell you what it is yet.

:)

Oh, Auron570 did some nice weekly reviews on couple of slice of life series back then.

You should check out Daniel's Community Directory: Discussion Threads, Lists, Projects & More! where we list a lot of discussion threads that need some love. If you're a Fairy Tail fan, we have two discussion threads or you can read 's weekly manga coverage.

You can also drop by Screened and Tested. They're located at the bottom of the page. There's ton to do on those sites as well. Tested by itself pumps out at least 4-5 articles per day and that includes video blogs and 2 hour + podcasts.

All of that is too much information, im new to this site, and i barely got the hang of the forums, so how can i jump into everything else so easy? Ill have to go with the easiest one first, then climb up. Alright im almost grasping the idea over the forums, so whats next, what SHOULD i try out next, what will be the easiest thing for me to grasp? Im a noob, YOU all are the experts.

Post by bigz007 (1,089 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@VinoVash1234: Here is my suggestion, start with editing some pages of anime that you're watching at the moment.

@bigz007 said:

@VinoVash1234: Here is my suggestion, start with editing some pages of anime that you're watching at the moment.

I would take this guy's suggestion. You can also check out the thread that showed you: Community Directory: Discussion Threads, Lists, Projects & More! The thread lays out a majority of things that you can do on this site. If you have any questions can always ask anyone for help.

Online Now

@VinoVash1234:

You don't have to do everything. In Anime Vice, you're free to do what you want. Everyone has a niche in this community that they do often whether it's blogging, commenting, lurking, wiki editing, etc.

@bigz007: Alright ill give that a go, thnx for the suggestion.

@Acura_Max: "Community Directory: Discussion Threads, Lists, Projects & More!"- a little too much info for me, but ill try it out. Thnx for that bit of info

@takashichea: I guess i want to do everything, cause it will continually keep things interesting, if i were to only stay in one spot, it will eventually get boring.

Online Now

@VinoVash1234:

I didn't mean stay in one niche, but you got the right idea.

Post by sickVisionz (4,261 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I remember trying to convince a friend to check out this site and it was like... well the forums are kinda dead, it's not really a news site nor is it an editorial site, there's a wiki but the editor is kinda a pain in the but and what you're doing is essentially grind work that's time consuming and ultimately doesn't really mean anything. Needless to say he was less than convinced.

At the end of the year I was pretty excited about the site. I don't think any of the content changed too much since then (although there are a crapton of "Top X" lists which have never interested me) but I've pretty much fallen off of the site. I could be more active on the forums but the type of stuff I'd be interested in talking about probably wouldn't get any replies. I could grind out points wiki editing but that's lost any personal fun for me and I struggle to recall why exactly I ever did wiki stuff in the first place.

i need help with something, i know what the forums is for, soo...

Blog:?

Wiki edit:?

Community Directory Discussion Threads, Lists, Projects & More: ?

Quests:?

The Vice Pit:?

What are all these stuff for? What do you do there?

@sickVisionz: So what do you do in the site?

BTW, theres a red box under your profile name, with 'moderator' written in it, so are you like an elite group or something, do you run the group or are you a part of it?

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@VinoVash1234: they are selected users that just have power to make sure things are in order.

on a different note

I think we need to find a way to advertise the wiki a bit more, so the work we do becomes more worthwhile if we get people to see and actively use what we do.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel