Anime/Manga With Demons?

Topic started by Superevil225 on Aug. 4, 2011. Last post by PenguinDust 3 years, 4 months ago.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I'm doing some research for art into the anime portrayal of demons/devils/anti-christs/evil gods, and I was just wondering if there were any good, preferably (but not necessary) light hearted anime with demon characters in them. (Also, good character design 'cause part of this is art research!!) Some ones that I already like with the whole demon-esque theme are....
Please don't suggest:
I really like the whole 'hide the power' and all that jazz, same with fighting with the inner (or real) demon
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,335 posts) See mini bio Level 12
FMA doesn't really have  demons same with Death Note.
Ao No Exorcist is only 26 episodes long and atleast 50 % of it is lame fillers and the author does not seem to understand that Japan is not a good place to have a Christian themed anime and She also does not seem to understand the difference between a youkai and the Christian demon.
@MrASSH0LE: Ryuk for Death Note and the other shimigami, and the homonculous in FMA.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,335 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Superevil225
Yes,but they are not demons.
@MrASSH0LE: Yes, but if you read my post I said

demons/devils/anti-christs/evil gods

Post by takashichea (14,493 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Superevil225:

He doesn't look like a demon baby
He doesn't look like a demon baby
Little Demon
Little Demon

I would say Beelzebub, but the people don't look like demons. Maybe Soul Eater. See Soul's inner demon. He wears a suit. Soul Eater does not have many demons.

You pretty much have all of the animes I watch.

@MrASSH0LE said:

FMA doesn't really have demons same with Death Note. Ao No Exorcist is only 26 episodes long and atleast 50 % of it is lame fillers and the author does not seem to understand that Japan is not a good place to have a Christian themed anime and he also does not seem to understand the difference between a youkai and the Christian demon.

The author is a woman for Blue Exorcist. See Kazue Kato. Just to edit your comment.

@takashichea: I've seen Soul Eater, and it's pretty good, but I lost interest around episode 45 or something. Maybe I should watch it again. I've heard good things about Beelzebub but I've never seen it. I might give it a try.
Post by takashichea (14,493 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Superevil225:

Cool! Most people tell me to read the manga version of Beelzebub since the anime is diverting a bit from the storyline. (Not to spoil you).

I know you wanted a light hearted anime, but I want to suggest Supernatural based on the tv show on the CW. I haven't finish watching it, but the first two episodes are bizarre, violent, and tearful.

I heard of Shounen Onmyouji that has demons as the enemy, but I never watch it. Did you watch that?

@takashichea: I've watched the first episode of Shounen Onmyouji and it's just okay. It's not quite my cup of tea.

Supernatural might be interesting. I'm just iffy on American stuff adapted into anime, y'know? (Glances over at Wolverine anime) XD
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Shaman king has a bunch of demons, devils, gods of death, fallen angels, evil spirits and the list goes on. But to be honest with you, the anime isnt that good. The manga is incredible however

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san ~ most of the characters are demons from hell...it's a comedy! 
The World Only God Knows ~ Elsie, the female protagonist and her demon-schoolmate, Haqua
Ah! My Goddess  ~ Marller, Hild and a few others are demons opposed to the goddesses
Omamori Himari ~ Himari Noihara, the female protagonist is a shapeshifting demon cat
Demon King Daimao ~ the protagonist although I'm not exactly sure if he's an actual demon or just the "demon king".  It's been a while since I saw it.
Nurarihyon no Mago ~ the protagonist is part demon and is leader of a clan of demons
Yu Yu Hakusho ~ Kurama, Hiei, possibly Yukina   
Dororon Enma-Kun ~ they're demons (I think) who hunt other demons here on Earth.
Makai Senki Disgaea ~ Etna is a (loli) demon I think

That's all I can think of right now.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel