Anime/Manga Trailer Suggestions

Topic started by FoxxFireArt on April 25, 2011. Last post by takashichea 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Suggest a Trailer for Anime Vice

As some of you users may have noticed. Anime Vice has started to put a new emphasis on bringing you trailers for animes and mangas. I'm sure this is also much appreciated to new users looking to complete those video Quests. This forum thread is being created to let users show off some of their favorite anime/manga trailers. If the staff likes them, they could be posted with the rest of the official site trailers. To suggest a trailer, post a video link in this thread. YouTube is a preferred source. English of Japanese trailers are acceptable.

I'll start things off with two trailers from FUNimation and one from Anime Network.

To keep up on all the latest in Anime Vice news. Be sure to follow Anime Vice on Twitter: @ AnimeVice

Post by EquitasInvictus (332 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Did you mean "English or Japanese trailers are acceptable" or did you mean that you'll accept English-translations of Japanese trailers? There are some really good Spring 2011 spring series being simulcast by Crunchyroll that I'd suggest us to have trailers for, particularly Hanasaku Iroha:  

Post by Undeadpool (12 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@EquitasInvictus: We're taking trailers in English or Japanese (or one with the writing for the other onscreen)!
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
I pinned this to all boards for now.  Just want to let as many people as possible know that we're doing trailer uploads daily from now on.
@Undeadpool: Cool! How exactly have you been going about finding the trailers you've been uploading as of late, if you don't mind me asking?

Here's a trailer for another Spring 2011 anime - Lotte no Omocha! (Lotte's Toy) A lot of people thought it was going to be a lot more explicit than it really is (because someone wrote a really bad preview summary for it overseas suggesting it would center around a girl succubus trying to do the nasty - but it really isn't that at all!) - it's actually cute and heartwarming to the likes of Hayate no Gotoku!
@EquitasInvictus: Youtube's been my main source, just typing in as general terms as I can find and then posting stuff that's been recently posted.
Post by takashichea (12,428 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
This is a mini trailer of Fairy Tail before it all started.

I did not want to put this OVA because it might discourage female viewers with the fan service to watch Fairy Tail. The good news for all you fan girls, Gray is still stripping. I don't want to offend anyone.

Since 5 Centimeters Per Second is being released on DVD in the U.S. this week, I thought that its trailer would also be relevant:

It's a beautiful film and it'd definitely be a trailer I'd love to see here.
This is extraordinarily helpful! Keep 'em comin'!

Edit: With one SLIGHT rule: the trailers should be for stuff that either isn't out yet, or was released in the last full year (so late 2010 stuff is fine).
@Undeadpool said:
" This is extraordinarily helpful! Keep 'em comin'!Edit: With one SLIGHT rule: the trailers should be for stuff that either isn't out yet, or was released in the last full year (so late 2010 stuff is fine). "
Last full year in the U.S? I'm asking because while K-On is actually two years old, it only recently got dubbed in English and just had its U.S. release:

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of this dub, but I'm totally down for K-On!
@Undeadpool:
This was released this week.
@EquitasInvictus: Honestly? This community seems the type to keep abreast of both, so if it's not out in Japan yet, it's still fair game.
@Undeadpool: Sounds "full of win!"

Ano Hana is one of the newest series of this season and it's especially depressing! 
Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19
It's not really a trailer but a 7 min. pilot  directed by  Ushio Tazawa (worked with Makoto shinkai in  The Place Promised in Our Early Days   ) and produced by Anime Innovation Tokyo ( the folks that brought us Cencoroll).

@EquitasInvictus: Keep up the good work. If for no other reason, do it for the lulz!
Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19
This one is about a project involving 4 studios and young animators called " The Young Animator Training Project" the studios are Ascension, Telecom Animation Film, P.A. Works and Production I.G.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17
there's some stuff we can put up for some of the spring anime (I can't find the list) but the trailers for these can be put up.

also, this may be a few months off, but,

those who've heard my constant babble about this series will realize its missing its trailer here.
@Undeadpool:
This should make your job a bit easier.

This is a playlist of 33 of FUNimation's announced releases for 2011.
FUNimation YouTube Playlist for many of the 2011 Releases: HERE
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@FoxxFireArt: another Idea. when Gia was here, she used to have an awesome AMV once a week for us to watch... maybe we should bring that back?
@Halberdierv2:
I was doing that in my blog for a few weeks but it was never getting much response.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel