Anime Vs Manga

Topic started by Lady_Nightmare on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Destinyheroknight 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Lady_Nightmare (2,789 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Pesonally, i prefer mangas. I just feel that some times the anime doesnt do for me what manga does. What are you alls opinion?
Post by Winchester (338 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Manga, even if you watch the anime before reading the manga. You usulally find the manga better.
which is why most of the time i read the manga first
Yeah, although sometimes the changes from one to the other arent that bad.
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Dunno.

I started on the Hellsing Anime one night...

Thinking to myself, meh, If Arrow likes it, it should be good.  so I checked it out, Loved it. Read the Manga online, It was great....But I hate having to read it backwards

however i enjoyed Inuyasha the manga
but the anime seemed annoying
but it wasnt horrible
at least

and yes sometimes the changes arent devastating
Post by AlexanderAnderson (23 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I started with anime...Yu Yu Hakusho, Hellsing, Bleach.  After a while I got tired of wading through filler, so I picked up the Bleach manga to get back to the story.  Now I prefer the manga.  More to-the-point, the art is great and the violence and gore aren't toned down.
TheDrifter said:
"Dunno.

I started on the Hellsing Anime one night...

Thinking to myself, meh, If Arrow likes it, it should be good.  so I checked it out, Loved it. Read the Manga online, It was great....But I hate having to read it backwards

"
i have gotten used to it
^^
I like reading backwards
Post by Jayge (34 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I started with anime and worked my way to manga, and although I like Manga better when a series runs as both, a well-drawn and well-executed anime can sometimes add a sense of action and force that you don't always get in the manga.

Conversely, manga is almost always better for picking up story subtleties and fine points on things, so I find it's usually best to watch/read both.
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Lady_Nightmare said:
"Pesonally, i prefer mangas. I just feel that some times the anime doesnt do for me what manga does. What are you alls opinion?"
Manga are generally better, I prefer them too

there are a few exceptions though, like Seiyuki and Inuyasha
Post by Auron (419 posts) See mini bio Level 5

anime

Post by GlareMaverick11987 (88 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Manga gets me excited for the Anime..if there is no anime to go along..I am usually dissapointed.

Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
quite hard for me but i would probably say Manga, i mean yes i love anime too but alot of the time the manga is messed up in anime format, then again manga adaptions of anime can also be pretty below par
Post by Puzzle_Master (7 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Manga for me, I hate the filler episodes they put on animes sometimes COUGH bleach WTF Cough I love reading the orignal stories and I just well enjoy reading more.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I prefer Anime, even with all the annoying filler.
Post by Shingui_Takeda (199 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Manga hands down....well sometimes.

The Cowboy Bebop manga freaking sucked
Post by Zorn (131 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I prefer Manga, anytime i watch anime it feels to slow for me.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
It all depends. If the anime is based on the manga (Elfen Lied for example), then the manga experience will usually be more fleshed out.

However from my experiences, manga adaptations of animes (based on light novels) aren't that great...
Post by Morganna (9 posts) See mini bio Level 1
LOL I ALREADY SEE SUCK UPS ON THIS SITE.
Oh what have they done?
Choosing folks who don't know their animes to begin with. Epicfail.

Anyway.
I spend more time with Animes than I do with Mangas v.v So I'd have to say Anime!
But, I like how Mangas give you more information about the characters and the plot line vs the animes.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel