Anime Vice's Christmas Theme Contest 2011

Topic started by takashichea on Dec. 12, 2011. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by takashichea (11,963 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Overview

I was inspired by BigHeart711 and ScarletKittie's enthusiasm in getting in the Christmas spirit by giving community members Santa hats. In addition, a lot of people were getting in the spirit with their awesome background and profile pictures. There's a lot of creativity going on.

I thank Makoto and Werewolverine4 for their input.

Sources of Inspiration

Rules

A snapshot
A snapshot

Based on the Show Off Your Desktop and little bit of Vicer of the Month threads, you nominate one member with the most Christmas spirit and take a snapshot of their profile page. It could be anything as long as it has the Christmas theme even if you have only a Christmas wallpaper, avatar, or profile. It would look great if you make your whole profile, a Christmas theme.

One important thing: When someone takes a snapshot and nominates an Anime Vice member, that nominated member must keep the same profile, background, and avatar for fairness. Pick your best or favorite stuff and showcase on your profile page.

This thread ends after Christmas, December 26, 2011.

Updates

• With some feedback from others on Twitter, this thread will be both a showcase and contest thread. If you guys are new and afraid that no one will notice, feel free to showcase your profile page. You can nominate your page as well.

Have fun!

Any improvements or feedback on the rules or this thread would be appreciated, too. Feel free to voice how fun we can make this thread. Thank you.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17

a challenge, I see :D prepare for your minds to be blown~

Online Now

@Halberdierv2:

All right! I can't wait to see your Christmas thing.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,821 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I'm in on this as well. but won't showcasing your own profile count as a vote for yourself?

Post by finaldasa (46 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Oh man, I'm down for this.

Online Now

@Bigheart711 said:

I'm in on this as well. but won't showcasing your own profile count as a vote for yourself?

Well, this thread was nominations only until I realized that I was excluding the new community members who are not well known. For everyone, you can showcase your profile. If you want to nominate yourself, just say so. It's okay. Sorry for not making the rules clear.

@finaldasa: @ReplicaRex:

Thanks guys!

Online Now

@ReplicaRex:

Merry Christmas! Awesome blogs. I loved that GIF of Santa Claus and how it blends with the background.

This is awesome
This is awesome

For nominations, I pick Annabanana because of her cute avatar and dazzling snowflake background. It's much better than my plain blue and white snowflake background.

We have one vote for ReplicaRex and one vote for Annabanana. Come on guys and gals! More votes, the merrier this forum gets. (Cheesy pun)

Edit:

Votes

Current Votes
Current Votes
Post by MrXD (643 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Christmas theme contest eh?....

xP
xP
Online Now

@MrXD:

Glad to you're getting in the competitive spirit.

Makoto: Have a great holiday season, and don't get too merry on the egg nog!
Makoto: Have a great holiday season, and don't get too merry on the egg nog!

I had a talk with Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto and cast a vote in his name for his profile page.

Votes

A three way tie
A three way tie
Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

I cast my vote for ReplicaRex; mainly because I was blown away by how much Christmas spirit his mini bio has:

Online Now
ReplicaRex is in the lead!
ReplicaRex is in the lead!

We got four votes. There's only 10 more days until Christmas. ReplicaRex is a formidable guy to beat in the Christmas spirit. Is there anyone who wants to vote or forever hold their peace?

Post by V1ctorAugusto (3 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I want to participate in this contest!

Online Now

@MisterX: @V1ctorAugusto: @KuroNekoXIII:

Thank you guys for your votes!

I would also showcased some Anime Vice Users who haven't been nominated yet.

Check out BigHeart711 who's on the left side and ScarletKittie who's on the right side.

Edit:

Lordand Master's L style Christmas
Lordand Master's L style Christmas

I found a Death Note Christmas Theme on LordandMaster's profile page.

Post by finaldasa (46 posts) See mini bio Level 11

My entry, better late than never!

Online Now

@finaldasa:

Thank you for your vote!

For fans of Nico Robin, Dekken has a sexy profile of her in a bodacious Santa Costume. Speaking of Santa Costumes, check out Newten's image gallery on that page. I think he created it today.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,821 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I'll give my vote to ReplicaRex as well. He definitely outdid himself this year. n_n

Online Now

Today is December 26, 2011, I present to you the winner of the Christmas Theme Contest 2011 (drum roll),

ReplicaRex!

He has four votes in this thread. See the final chart.

ReplicaRex's Winning Profile Image
ReplicaRex's Winning Profile Image

Thank you for voting and getting in the spirit.

Hopefully, next year we get more people, and I'll write on more walls to make this competition a fight to remember.

Please lock this thread after December 31, 2011. Let some people share their last words in this contest. Haha.

Edit:

I meant "ho, ho, ho!"

Online Now

Oh yeah. I forgot to call you guys and

Great job on your Christmas theme profile! I showcased your profiles without your permission. Yeah, I tend to do that a lot. Don't miss next year's contest. (Wait a minute, this was the first Christmas Theme contest) I get it up earlier for next year since I had this idea late for this year.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17

congrats, ReplicaRex (I totally forgot the deadline of the contest! DX)

Online Now

@Halberdierv2:

My fault. I should have bumped this thread more and spread the word, too.

@ReplicaRex:

I heard it. It was nice. Are you an engineer? About the profile theme, it's up to you to keep it or change it. I change my background after this month. I missed my car theme background.

It's not the perfect banner, but this thread needs it. I should invest in adobe photoshop. I used regular paint by the way. (If anyone is good at making banners, please tell me.)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel