Anime Vice: WEIGHT to WATCH - Part 1

Topic started by FoxxFireArt on April 29, 2012. Last post by Wales 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Chibi General Grievous stands in for me
Chibi General Grievous stands in for me

It was last week that I announced the start of a new Anime Vice community event. In order to try and add some personality. I've taken on a special workout program based around watching anime for your entertainment. As I explained before, for a total of four weeks. I'll be using this special workout program where I keep walking using my Wii Fit board as I watch a variety of anime. All to show that you can watch anime and get into shape.

I didn't have anyone around to take pictures of me, so I opted to have my Chibi General Grievous stand in for me. That's why he has that latest volume of HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD with Saeko on the cover nearby.

You can read full details about the work out program HERE

I took this opportunity to finally try out DEADMAN WONDERLAND and really enjoying it. The latest episodes of NARUTO SHIPPUDEN are a huge disappointment since they are just retelling events from the beginning of the story. They're holding off the war for this? I understand why they're doing it, but it's not much fun for those of us who know this story already. It was really a lot of fun watching LUPIN III: THE SECRET OF MAMO as I exercised. Watching a great movie really takes your mind off the constant movement. I really wish I could be exercising to LUPIN III: THE WOMAN CALLED FUJIKO MINE, but FUNimation only has that available for their Elite members. That show looks incredible.

Starting Weight/BMI:149.5 lbs. / 24.02

DayAnimeWatched atTimeTotal Time
Apr. 22One Piece Ep. 544
Persona 4 Ep. 7
Persona 4 Ep. 8
Highschool of the Dead Ep. 6
One Piece Official HERE
The Anime Network HERE
The Anime Network HERE
Blu-ray but you can watch HERE
23:28 min.
25:11 min.
23:12 min.
25:11 min.
1:39:12
Apr. 23Naruto Shippuden Ep. 257
Magician's Academy Ep. 5
Crunchyroll HERE
Crunchyroll HERE
23:09 min.
23:40 min.
46:49
Apr. 24Maria Holic Ep. 8
Maria Holic Ep. 9
Maria Holic Ep. 11
The Anime Network HERE
The Anime Network HERE
The Anime Network HERE
23:43 min.
23:45 min
27:22 min
1:14:50
Apr. 25Deadman Wonderland Ep. 1
Deadman Wonderland Ep. 2
HULU HERE
HULU HERE
25:02 min.
25:02 min.
50:04
Apr. 26Soul Eater Ep. 1
Soul Eater Ep. 3
Deadman Wonderland Ep. 4
FUNi YouTube HERE
FUNi YouTube HERE
HULU HERE
23:51 min.
23:51 min.
27:00 min.
1:14:42
Apr. 27Lupin III: Secret of MamoHULU HERE1:47:00 min.1:47:00
Apr. 28Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals Ep. 3
One Piece Ep.545
Crunchyroll HERE
One Piece Official HERE
23:34 min.
23:26 min.
47:00

Week 1 Results Weight/BMI:147.7 lbs. / 23.47

My results could have been better if I hadn't had that barbeque-chicken pizza and garlic fries on Friday. Ohhhh, it was good thought. =D

I hope you enjoy this first week results and the list of anime. Stay tuned for next week's results, and be sure to link out this blog or post on Twitter to get more involved.

-Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ AnimeVicers/ @ FoxxFireArt

Post by AURON570 (566 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I'm pretty sure Lupin III: Fujiko Mine is available for free on funimation, I can view it just fine with a free account. =\ I have not had time to watch a full episode yet, but I agree it looks really nice.

@AURON570:

Thanks for the tip. I had checked earlier and it wouldn't play. I just checked after logging in and watched the first four episodes. Soooo good.

Post by takashichea (11,924 posts) See mini bio Level 25

You're probably going to finish Deadman Wonderland anime in no time flat, and you'll be a bit disappointed with the anime. I loved the series and its story. I hate Naruto for repeating those flashbacks.

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Interesting community event. I'll keep tabs on it, looks cool. :D

Post by Wales (133 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Let me ask you something: do you find its better to rewatch anime you've seen while doing this or watch new ones? I assume for some reason that doing this and watching a new anime series would be cumbersome only because you may miss something or what have you.

@Wales:

I was watching anime I've seen before and new stuff mixed in. I didn't have a problem following any of the events or subtitles. The whole idea is about doing exercises that you can perform while you walk in place.

Fair enough. However, I was asking since we actually have an old elliptical machine in my house and I've been using that. While you're right that its easy to follow, my biggest thing has been just listening...that and I started with Spice and Wolf. I'm a Social Studies teacher and all but I honestly suck at Economics to know what they're talking about half the time.

@Wales:

Well, I always found the economics of SPICE & WOLF hard to follow even while sitting still.

Glad I'm not the only one. The description on Netflix really didn't paint out the whole "theories on quality of currency in a barter society" part of the series. Guess I should have started with Birdy or Corpse Princess.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel