Anime Vice Wants You - To Be On The Front Page!

Topic started by danielm on May 7, 2010. Last post by Magnathorax 4 years, 2 months ago.
Post by danielm (85 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
Anime Vice,

When it comes to anime and manga, you are pros. Daily you contribute to forums, give your thoughts on news articles, and review the latest works. Some of you do it for points, others just want the community credit; regardless of why you do it, it means that Anime Vice thrives. Now, we want to make sure that your writing is given the love it deserves. Whether it's a review (single or on-going segment) of a new manga or anime, important news with your opinion, or even an op-ed regarding something you just need to get off your mind, we want to make sure your hard work is noticed. Here are some of the Anime Vice contributors that have seen their articles/reviews make it to the front page already:

Will your name be on this list? PM danielm with your articles and he'll make sure they are rushed to moderation by our team and, if they're solid, they'll go up on the front page of Anime Vice! 

Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

- The Anime Vice Team

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 25
I wonder what it says that of that list of writers I seem like the most prolific, and yet I know I could write more if I had a bit more free time. -_-

I know I want to add more. 

Let's see more people add some interesting articles.
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I should have more time this week and look forward to getting back on the threads.
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@danielm: Um... I wrote an article... why am I not on that list?
I was planning on writing another one... In two weeks here in Tijuana there's gonna be an anime expo, so I was going to write about it since I'm going...
Post by Sombre (113 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I've done a few personal ones, but I'll write one up for you shortly, as I'm confident it will be great.

Any prefered topics Daniel?
Post by crusader8463 (739 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I want to write more, but I can never think of anything that's Anime related to talk about. Well, other then the usual bitching about how they don't make anything that I want to watch anymore, and I'm sure no one wants to read stuff like that.
Staff
@Sombre: I love your optimism! :) 

As for topics, we're pretty open to whatever you think is good! Shoot it by us first if you'd prefer to do it that way. 

@sora_thekey: Sorry I must have missed yours! Can you shoot me a link please and I'll be sure to add it.
@danielm said:
" @Sombre: I love your optimism! :) 

As for topics, we're pretty open to whatever you think is good! Shoot it by us first if you'd prefer to do it that way. 

@sora_thekey: Sorry I must have missed yours! Can you shoot me a link please and I'll be sure to add it. "
Aha, neato. I'm doing my final thesis for university next year on the concepts of posthumanity and trending topics/concepts in specific anime, so I'm sure that getting it down for you guys will help at least add some clarity!
Staff
@Sombre: Concepts of Post-Humanity. Wow...that's some...light intellectual discussion.  :)
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17
i might do an article sometime in the future, not now though. what it is i don't know, but i want it to be unique. also, i know someone who would love this...*looks at Symphony*
Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I might do something satirical about anime henchmen, though I think I should narrow it down to a specific group or show otherwise I'm gonna keep procrastinating on it.
Post by Sweep (7 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Post by ReVolutionOfEvangelion (102 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Well we don't have anything "written" up yet, but our fansite - ReVolutionOfEvangelion.org - is producing an ongoing series of "Fan-made DVD extras" for Evangelion -- the idea is that we're annoyed that FUNimation's release of Rebuild of Eva 1.0 didn't include any documentaries even trying to explain the show, and past stuff from ADV and Manga Entertainment wasn't much better;

the goal is to "make DVD extras as good as the ones that come with the Lord of of the Rings Extended Edition DVDs"

We're not done yet, and there will be MASSIVE updates in the next few weeks leading up to Eva 2.22's release in Japan.

but would you consider linking to our videos?  They're posted on YouTube;

http://revolutionofevangelion.org/analysis-of-evangelion-video-series/

http://revolutionofevangelion.org/category/analysis/
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ReVolutionOfEvangelion:  That kinda sounds like advertisement and let me tell you on this site we are cruel against advertisers. The only reason we leave Tom alone is because he`s a staffmember lol
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@danielm: 
Well, I just PMed you a new submission for consideration.
Post by ReVolutionOfEvangelion (102 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@Kelleth:  oh...well it's where I write my stuff, take it or leave it; your instructions said "or a website you have" and its kind of mine.  I didn't know if it was "news worthy" or something.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Sweep said:
"
"
This isn't Giant Bomb.  Get that out of here.    :P
Post by nVision (114 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@JJOR64: 
VICE-A-FIED! (using mspaint)
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@nVision said:
" @JJOR64: 
VICE-A-FIED! (using mspaint) "
Your my hero.     :)
Submitted a few things so far,  not heard back yet.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel