Anime Vice vs Comic Vine

Topic started by DBZ_universe on Sept. 5, 2010. Last post by EganTheVile1 3 years, 9 months ago.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Wich site do you personally think is better?  
I choose Anime Vice.... 100%.. 
nothing against Comic Vine... i have an account there too...
Post by Justice (767 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Animevice is more quiet and I know   more people but Comicvine is more lively and more arguments happen there that are fun to watch. and my dear Vance Astro is fun to mess with.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Anime Vice for me.  I enjoy anime/manga more then comics.
Post by Chris207 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Comic Vine first, Screened second, Anime Vice third - but that's how I rank my hobbies too. I'm interested in Anime and Manga, but I'm just starting to learn...
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I don't read comics at all anymore, so I barely have a presence on CV.  I registered my name and that's it.  So, the answer is easy.  I've been trying to be more active in the forums on AV than I have in the past, although I have along way to go to match my Giant Bomb perceptibility.  It's GB then AV then Screened for me.
Post by SuperperfectCell (528 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Comicvine....but animevice is still awsome but...idk comicvine is more active 
and comicvine has a bright more welcoming color pattern caus on animevice hte websight is mainly black and then bits of pink not exactly my style . i just made an animevice last night, i have had a comicvine account for a few months.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Animevice 

Threads here are smaller and more personal, over there comments gets buried in 40+ pages of arguments, you fell like your comments are insignificant due to the sheer scale and fast paced nature of the thread. 

But overall it is a good place for comic battles. 

I say AV>>CV>>>>>other whiskey sites
Post by sickVisionz (4,297 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I don't read comics on a regular basis so AV appeals to me more.  Babs > AV though.
Post by nVision (114 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@sickVisionz said:
 Babs > AV though. 
Amen to that. 

Post by Kou_Leifoh (613 posts) See mini bio Level 10
AnimeVice. I don't read comics. 

If this was about AnimeVice vs. GiantBomb, then I will say this, AnimeVice has a smaller community, but it nice for the most part. GiantBomb has a bigger community, but the majority is filled with assholes.
Post by deathmonger (1,036 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Stalemate
Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14

I like both, equally. 

Sure, AV isn't the roaring site that CV is, but it feels more comfortable. Most users here don't keep  a stick up their @sses, and the threads are less problematic, where people take comics, battles, rpging, etc. seriously, over at the Vine.  

I just hope AV will gain more attention in the future, as what CV has gotten over the years :)

Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
From what I can gather you Vice guys rate reviews based on the quality of the review not on if you agree with them. 
Also you don't seem to be so obsessed with a "official cannon" like most Vine fans. 
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Comic Vine first, Screened second, Anime Vice third  

what he said  

and you are not haters , yes sure. 

as what CV has gotten over the years      

good point 
 comic vine

Visits

anime vice
490,657 Visits 

but Comicvine is more lively and more arguments happen there that are fun to watch. and my dear Vance Astro is fun to mess with. 

LOL! have you ever debate with him?
Post by Bigheart711 (3,989 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I like Anime Vice a tad more than Comic Vine, even though CV's also super fun.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I like the more "Casual" feel that animevice has. We can get away with a lot more stuff over here, and i know most of the users. On comicvine things seem very strict, and you really only get to know the big names
Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Bigheart711 said:
"I like Anime Vice a tad more than Comic Vine, even though CV's also super fun."

Debates there are entertaining to watch.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Depending on my mood and the amount of free time I have. Currently i prefer animevice.
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Ok, ok, I've been away from anime Vice for a while. I hardly come here so I don't know how much  this place have changed. But that I remember these were my complaints and I also give advise. This is what I think of this site vs Comicvine. 

COMICVINE wins IMHO, why? 

Comicvine is a lot better for the fact that the community is wider and a lot more active.

Comicvine is on 24/7. In RPG forum, battles or general discussion there is always someone. Anime Vice reaches a time that it's deserted.

The Comicvine staff team interacts with the followers better also. Here I don't even know who the staff is. But I know G-man, Babs, Capt, RedLamp, etc from CV. If I ever met them in person someday out of the blue in the street I would recognize them because they interact with their fallowing.

Another thing (In my case) because I only read Naruto now I find it hard to care about whatever the staff post here. They have a weekly Bleach and Naruto and stuff but for someone like me that didn't even know who Ichigo was I found it hard to care about their review. What do Comicvine does in this situation? 3 minutes expert segments. I didn't know Jack about Thanos for example now I know a lot about him and I am more interested about him. THEY SHOULD DO THAT HERE!

I know you would say: Why don't you just read the wiki? Well because AV wiki is too messed up!

Kabuto Yakushi, Kamen Rider Kabuto, Kabuto the Pokemon and Koiji Kabuto are different characters people!  Just like Sakura Haruno and Sakura Kinomoto are two different girls! I remember I got mad about this once because Kurenai from Naruto was in three different character pages named "Kurenai".

So that's why I don't read it here.

Also the other reason I'm in comic Vine is for the RPG community. I was of the first to create a character to RPG here and even planned a cool storyline but it went nowhere because the RPG area is dead here. In Comicvine it's still alive and kicking

My advise to Anime Vice is to interact a bit more with your followers THROUGH VIDEO it makes the approach a lot better. I know I've seen a few videos before but is not so constant as comicvine or as interesting/entertaining. Also for those who don't know much about characters and would like to read about them but don't know where to start.

STEAL THE COMICVINE 3 MINUTE EXPERT IDEA! Make it AV 3 minute expert :)

AV is CV's sister site I bet they wont mind

Att: The guy on the couch.. :P
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

My advise to Anime Vice is to interact a bit more with your followers THROUGH VIDEO it makes the approach a lot better. I know I've seen a few videos before but is not so constant as comicvine or as interesting/entertaining. Also for those who don't know much about characters and would like to read about them but don't know where to start.   

that must be done 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel