Anime Vice Update Questions?

Topic started by Little_Sparrow on March 3, 2010. Last post by Lan 4 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
encase your wondering where the "Who's online" button is gone it's just at the top next to the preference button.

Any questions about the update pop them in here and maybe another Vicer can help.

THIS IS NOT FOR BUG REPORTING that is for the bug reporting section, this is just for questions about the update. like where has this button gone, how do i do that.
hopefully this will help the staff if there is any bugs and not annoy them with something that can simple be explained by another user who has already found the same thing but has a solution. if you do have a bug follow the bug reporting advice and place a thread in here with the browsers you use and the system your on such as XP service pack 3. 

Bug Reporting thread
Post by Tempest (895 posts) See mini bio Level 8
How do we create new guides/fan fics?
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Tempest: Fanfiction is still available under the "Browse" menu. Not super-intuitive, but that will allow you to read others' guides/fanfics and start your own. :)
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Why remove the Question of the Day feature? i know its still around but i liked it better when it was on top of the forums like it used to.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,245 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Hmm, the list of online people doersn't appear to highlight who the mods are like it used to. Other than that everything seems ok.
Post by Tempest (895 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@gia said:
" @Tempest: Fanfiction is still available under the "Browse" menu. Not super-intuitive, but that will allow you to read others' guides/fanfics and start your own. :) "
Ah, thanks. Earlier it didn't look like we could browse fanfics by user, but it seems to work now :).
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Newten said:
" Hmm, the list of online people doersn't appear to highlight who the mods are like it used to. Other than that everything seems ok. "
It also doesn't seem to display all users online, just those you follow, who are online.

I used to press that when I was bored and just profile jump. Usually how I found new people to follow.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,245 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@John_Martone: Ah, that would explain why there were so few people online when I had a look. Hmm, get the tech guys on this! We already have a way to see which of the users we are following are online, we don't need another way to do that. Maybe this was just a mistake?
@Newten: I dunno, I assume, at most its an oversight. I agree though, I was totally deperssed when there was only like 8 people online, then I realized it was because i could only see the follows.

Though I'd also add the site apparently very actively checks to see if you are "active" Sometimes I don't even qualify, and I'm the dude hitting the button "who's online"
@Newten: Oh, though, come to think of it. On GB they can easily pull 250-300 users online at one time, so in that case, it might be too much, they decided to make it auto filter. Though I'd still say that without such features, its hard to find people to follow. Or just get a good, patriotic feeling of how many people are currently on.
Post by ThePsychoGamer (1,835 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@tyhn19: Wrong thread, go to the introduction thread, i'd also recommend you say a goodbye before you get hit with the ban hammer

but a least i found a revelent reason to post this

Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ThePsychoGamer: I wish i could +1 you on that but the rate system is no more XD
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I know this feature is new in the wiki, but I haven't seen a tutorial up for it. So how exactly do we use the flagging wiki pages tool? I understand how to mark the page as needing help, but what I don't really understand how to work is the point bounty thing.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel