Anime Vice News: Ethan and Daniel are no longer Staff Members

Topic started by takashichea on May 21, 2012. Last post by Wales 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by takashichea (11,858 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Greetings everyone in the Anime Vice Community.

This is a late news report, and I don't have substantial proof.

Ever since the split in the Whiskey Media family, Anime Vice and Screened are bought by BermanBraun, and lot of things are left unanswered. This left a cloud of uncertainty among the community about its fate.

Daniel and sickVisionz stated that Daniel and Ethan are no longer staff members. There were no farewell statements left. For those of you who are working on the wiki edits, you have to post the bug reports by commenting. For those wiki editors who have PMed me, I'm sorry for referring you to Ethan. I didn't know he left Anime Vice due to the Whiskey Media schism. In the meantime, Daniel and the mods have contacted the engineers. Please be patient and keep on working. Carry on your usual activities.

Please share your thoughts and fond memories of Ethan and Daniel. Let's give them a formal farewell as a community.

Thank you.

Known Glitches:

1. New Wiki Pages do not appear in search bar
  2. Twitter Updates
  3. E-mail Notifications are not working
  4. Follow Feed is jumbled up

Bug Reports

Related Topics

Go Anime Vice! Be strong, everyone.

Online Now

Ethan was a great and down to earth guy who helped my teammates during spring of 2011 where we had a huge wiki boom and lots of wiki tasks. He encouraged teamwork in the wiki community. He did a lot for Anime Vice by promoting it through several projects:

Also, Daniel helped me out with my subscription problems.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,803 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Ethan was a cool dude to begin with. He helped me with a lot of technical questions involving the site and his Wiki Style Initiative was very useful. Daniel was also helpful with adding a lot of fun stuff too. Even though neither said goodbye, I'll miss them both dearly.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
It is a true shame to see both Ethan and Daniel depart AnimeVice with little or no warning regarding their departure. Both of them will be sorely missed here at AnimeVice. My hopes that BernamBraun will help our site out like they did for Screened are still awaiting word regarding their involvement in our community.
Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

such a shame that neither of them could stay.

Online Now

New wiki pages are appearing in the search bar, and the follow feed works. We just need to test the twitter to see if updates are coming or not.

Edit:

Twitter updates are not working.

Post by Wales (133 posts) See mini bio Level 21

As a general rule, the new wiki pages don't appear in the search bar because they literally have nothing to attribute to. If you go in to a new wiki page after creating it, edit it just the slightest, it appears in the search.

Online Now

@Wales:

Well, that didn't work last week, Wales. It was a serious glitch that Daniel and the mods had to contact Andy, the site's engineer to fix this one.

Edit:

I know that general rule you're talking about.

Post by Wales (133 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea said:

Well, that didn't work last week, Wales. It was a serious glitch that Daniel and the mods had to contact Andy, the site's engineer to fix this one.

Edit:

I know that general rule you're talking about.

Huh, it seemed to be working fine for me then. I guess I must have missed it.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel