Anime Vice New Layout Comment Thread!

Topic started by ZombiePie on April 7, 2011. Last post by ronat1 3 years, 7 months ago.
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
As you may or may not have noticed Anime Vice has gotten a complete overhaul so is that it looks more like the other Whiskey media sites. The standard format which is the "black format is purple...because purple is cool. I don't like purple personally so I'm going to stick with the "white" version of Anime Vice which is hideous and a complete abomination that I have been informed by the WM engineers shouldn't actually exist.

Beyond that the Search Bar is much improved. The search customization abilities are better and easier to use. Then we have the the new bars for navigating the site. I personally still think they are a little puffy but honestly I don't care that much.

So what do you think?
Post by SSJjanemba (2,406 posts) See mini bio Level 11

well better then the youtube layouts
Post by The_Guardian (6,487 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I like it so far.
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,296 posts) See mini bio Level 17
seems ok, but when you try to inert an image into a post it seems somewhat a bit more glitchy with loading the galleries when the mouse hovers over it.
Post by P3771 (8 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Nay. Toolbar is everywere in IE8.
Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I approve of more purple.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,357 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I like it...it is much better than the other version. It just takes a little while to adjust to it, but in the end it is better xD
Post by DocHaus (935 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I can actually add manga to the wiki now! Oh glorious day!
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,250 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
The navbar/button colour is a bit... greyish. But other than that it's just as good as when Giant Bomb was updated. I'm wondering what they'll do with Screened, since that has a slightly different layout (personally I'd like them all to match, the navbar and stuff at the top at least, but that's just me).
For those that have no idea what I'm talking about with the white version of Anime Vice looking like vomit but is still better than purple this is what I mean:
The green inbetween the navigation bar tabs is the worst...but again I I hate purple so it's by default better than the default look.

@Newten: This is discussing the site so technically it should be in General Discussion. Sorry but I hit the wrong button and seeing how this isn't a blog I can't change anything.
Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24
How do you get the white version back?  The functionality got stripped a while back and it's been hell editing tables in the black/purple since you can't actually see the individual cells that you're in.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,357 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@sickVisionz:  Go to where it says your profile name at the upper right of the screen (where it has the icon for mail, followers online by XP bar), hover over it so that the dropdown menu appears, and click on the left of the two A/A icons (one Black A on White, one White A on Black) to change.

Hope that helps xD
@sickVisionz:  As already stated drop your cusor over your user profile pic on the top right and it is right next to the RSS feed button right below "Guides." I have been informed that this version of the site is going to be removed soon as this is technically a glitch and shouldn't exist. You can see why. The site looks terrible in this version. It looks like the bastard child of the Comic Vine and Giant Bomb color schemes.
Post by GMan (282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
If you're experiencing some slowdown or getting internal server errors, try refreshing (and being patient). Sorry if it's a pain but I think it's because the internet can't handle the awesomeness of the new design. Top Men will be on this today.
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Purple site looks good I would of liked them to stay with the pink that they had before but whatever.
The white site looks like an abomination for now but that is what you get for using a white site.  
Post by Bigheart711 (4,184 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
Loved the new layout, but I agree with ZP and Dams on the white version. No other problems with this format though. <3
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'm used to it from Giant Bomb.  The "Cosplay" button is a bit weird to see though.  I guess it was always there and I never noticed, but now it seems more prominent.  I'm hesitant to click it though but on the other hand it calls out to me.  The shiny candy-like button.

If you mouse over the "Forum" tab it says "Main Forum" and "Popular Games Forum".  I'm guessing that's a holdover from Giant Bomb.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I don't like it
Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I dont really care, but its hard to get used to it.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel