Anime shows that went downhill

Topic started by Obito on Nov. 23, 2013. Last post by othus12 9 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by IndridCold (1,251 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Dream: Personally, I think that DBZ's story should have been like JJBA with part 1 being Bardock's story, part 2 being Goku's story, part 3 being Gohan's story, then Goten and Trunks, then Pan and Uub, etc.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,905 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@IndridCold: That would have been awesome, other more deserving people like Vegeta and Gohan would have gotten some of the spot light rather than it always be on that attention whore Goku. (I don't hate Goku though)

Post by Dream (7,609 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@IndridCold: A "by the generations" mold? Not a bad idea. If only Toriyama learned not to be too dependent on making Goku the center of his title at the cost of a quality plot.

@Dream: Honestly a huge problem that I had with DBZ was that the other Z Fighters got no attention and I really wish that characters like Krillin or Tien or Piccolo had more big moments and power boosts. Aside form that, I feel like the characters could have been WAY more powerful if they show a lot more feats.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Naruto, without a doubt. Took a nosedive after the Pain invasion arc.

Final season of YYH was pretty much rushed up.

Buu saga of DBZ was again full of inconsistencies and stretched a bit too long.

Code Geass season 2 was also pretty bad IMO. Could have been done much better

Post by waybig1010101 (3,205 posts) See mini bio Level 14
School days it was a really quick downhill 
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,905 posts) See mini bio Level 13

This is just my personal opinion but I'd say Soul Eater (anime) went down hill after a while, it didn't stay with the manga and it suffered because of it.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,205 posts) See mini bio Level 14
honestly code geass in the second season went downhill but in the end it went uphill IMO 
Post by taichokage (13,241 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Naruto (the current arc most notably), Katekyo Hitman Reborn (not only did the final arc have a lot of powerscaling that seemed off, but the ending was massively rushed), Death Note (never got bad but part 2 was a step below part 1) and of course DBZ (it didn't get very bad either but it turned into pure over the top battles with little plot involved). Id also have to disagree with Bleach. It did go downhill but it picked up again and its the best it's been in almost a decade.
Post by 100Rings (113 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Naruto

Post by ronki23 (85 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@SMXLR8 said:

DBZ kind of? DBZ GT ?

ditto. GT

I must admit, I liked Buu saga simply because of SSJ3.

@MarioRedfield said:

Scrubs went downhill big time after season eight.

Yeah that was a great series, had amazing comedy and the serious moments were just over the top.

Post by JimeeJo (333 posts) See mini bio Level 12

full metal alchemist it had the worstest ending ever!!!!!!!!!!

Post by taichokage (13,241 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I didn't like the ending to FMA either. The movie had a better ending IMO and it wasn't that great either. But the series as a whole didn't go downhill.
Post by takashichea (12,255 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Agreed about FMA. I actually like the first series than the Brotherhood one. The Brotherhood one had too much of a perfect ending.

Post by othus12 (6,812 posts) See mini bio Level 13

naruto. unless they do something spectacular with madara

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel