Anime Pick up: Madoka Magica vol. 1 Limited edition

Topic started by metalsnakezero on Feb. 16, 2012. Last post by metalsnakezero 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by metalsnakezero (680 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Feels like yesterday that Madoka Magica was airing and every anime threads and forums were at the edge of their sits see what will happen in the next episode. Now we can finally have this masterpiece of a anime in our physical anime collection, specially this limited edition.

The packaging sports a nice outer cover with Madoka in her Magical Girl outfit on the front and Kyubey on the back. The cover is colored in white with pink polka dots and text is colored in shiny gold, making it standout and look very glamorous. The DVD case that holds the DVD & Blu-ray has a reversible cover art of the first two Japanese volumes along with the art work on the DVD & Blu-ray. The limited edition comes with the first Original Soundtrack, postcards of the end card art, a nice little poster, and a artbook with summaries, interviews, and a 4-koma by aokiume. The only issue I have with the volume is the Kyubey stickers feels cheap and lack any value compare to all of the other stuff that comes with this collection.

As for the show itself, it is pretty impressive how great it looks. Lots of different designs and styles that is expected from SHAFT. The dub is pretty impressive as well. Besides Christine as Madoka sounds a little forced in a few places, everyone else in the cast, Carolyn Keranen as Mami, Cristina Valenzuela as Homura, Cassandra Lee Morris as Kyubey, Sarah Williams Sayaka, and the four lines from Lauren Landa as Kyouko, all fit in well with their roles. I kinda like the way Carolyn says "Trio Finale!".

For the first of three limited edition, it a solid package specially for its high price of $74.98. Just kinda hope they replace the stickers with something that's more worth holding on to.

Post by takashichea (14,365 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

It's Kyubey! I should try out this series. It's a very popular anime in this community of ours. The limited edition looks awesome.

Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24

That's a pretty sweet release. It's like a really nice import set, except the inclusion of a soundtrack CD makes it better than most of the ones I have.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I'm surprised you didn't mention how much you dropped on that. The price alone, even on RightStuf, "wows" me. The show gets mentioned a lot and it tempts me to check it out but I'm just really not into magical girls.

Post by metalsnakezero (680 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@sotyfan16:

Its streaming on Hulu and Crunchyroll so check it out. It's a lot different from past Magical girls shows and by episode 3 will probably convince you that it is different.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel