Anime/ Manga Villains Tournament Voting Thread

Topic started by Dream on April 4, 2014. Last post by taichokage 3 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Dream (7,243 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Villains... the evil characters that oppose the hero's efforts in differing ways. Whether trying to take over the world or having selfish ideals that jeopardize lives or just getting their kicks committing sinful acts, anime and manga are no different from other forms of media in showing off how twisted and evil a villain can be in accomplishing their goals. This tournament is devoted to the evil characters we loved to hate or relish in how warped and twisted their goals were.

The nomination phase will be mostly similar to how I did the Harems Tourney. I'm hoping to set up a 32 or 64 entrant voting tournament with any villainous anime/ manga characters to determine who you guys think is the best of them all. Here are the rules for the tourney:

Nominating Rules:

1. Vice members are allowed to nominate as many applicable villains as they want.
  2. Once a vote is made, a second vote in support of any nominated villain from any member is required for a nominee to become an entrant. Vice members aren't allowed to make second votes on their nominees.
  3. Nominees and entrants will be regularly counted and updated by yours truly throughout the span of nominations. Regularly check the opening post of this thread for updated voting totals.
  4. Nominations will run for two weeks (April 18 will be the deadline for simplicity's sake). After that, the first 32 or 64 villains that gained two votes to become an entrant will be involved in the tournament.

Nominee Requirements:

1. The nominated villain must have had a significant presence and impact at some point within his or her anime/ manga series.
  2. Only two villains per anime/ manga title or franchise are allowed in this tournament. I'll allow more than two nominees per title/ franchise for the voting phase. But after two entrants from said title/ franchise officially become entrants, then any more will not be accepted.
  3. Villains from dating sims, visual novels, novels, eroge and video games are allowed to be nominated, so long as the title(s) in question have had at least one anime or manga adaptation.
  4. Villains who later become a hero or anti-hero within their respective series/ franchise or at some point within the title for a period of time are allowed to be nominated, so long as their villainous acts had a major presence within the title.

With the rules posted, feel free to nominate any villains you'd like to see become part of this tournament.

Nominated Villains

1. Askeladd (Vinland Saga)
  2. Major Montana Max (Hellsing)
  3. Shogo Makishima (Psycho Pass)
  4. Sanetoshi Watase (Penguindrum)
  5. Rue Kuroha/ Princess Kraehe (Princess Tutu)
  6. Apos (Mnemosyne)
  7. Cerebrum (Daybreak Illusion)
  8. Diva (Blood+)
  9. Chrollo Lucifer (Hunter x Hunter)
  10. Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
  11. Yujiro Hanma (Baki the Grappler)

12. Legato Bluesummers (Trigun)

13. Kotomine Kirei (Fate franchise)
  14. Maestro Delphine (Last Exile)
  15. Hellmaster Phibrizzo (Slayers)
  16. Ladd Russo (Baccano)
  17. Choji Suitengu (Speed Grapher)
  18. Lucia Raregroove (Groove Adventure Rave)
  19. Zorin Blitz (Hellsing)
  20. The Captain (Hellsing)
  21. Souren Araya (Kara no Kyoukai)
  22. Vali (High School DxD)

Final Entrants

1. Griffith (Berserk)
  2. Sosuke Aizen (Bleach)
  3. Johan Liebert (Monster)
  4. Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
  5. Younger Toguro (Yuyu Hakusho)
  6. Frieza (Dragon Ball franchise)
  7. Light Yagami (Death Note)
  8. Lordgenome (Gurren Lagann)
  9. Donquixote Doflamingo (One Piece)
  10. Raoh (Fist of the North Star)
  11. Cell (Dragon Ball franchise)
  12. Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
  13. Anti-Spiral (Gurren Lagann)
  14. Ragyo Kiryuin (Kill la Kill)
  15. Orochimaru (Naruto)

16. Makoto Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin)

17. Shinobu Sensui (Yuyu Hakusho)

18. Naraku (Inuyasha)
  19. Gilgamesh (Fate franchise)
  20. Char Aznable (Gundam franchise)
  21. Byakuran (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)
  22. Medusa Gorgon (Soul Eater)
  23. Hades (Saint Seiya)
  24. Gakuho Asano (Assassination Classroom)
  25. Father (Fullmetal Alchemist)
  26. Yoshikage Kira (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
  27. Kakine Teitoku (ToAru franchise)
  28. Yuno Gasai (Future Diary)
  29. King Bradley (Fullmetal Alchemist)
  30. Joa (Toriko)
  31. Blackbeard (One Piece)
  32. Midora (Toriko)
Post by taichokage (12,662 posts) See mini bio Level 20

This is even better than the last one Dream! I'll start. For 1, the guy in your OP.

1. Griffith

2. Joa

3. Aizen

4. Blackbeard

5. Johan Liebert

6. Midora.

I'll leave it at that for now. I don't want to steal all the good ones.

Post by Vapovile (1,781 posts) See mini bio Level 16

1. Younger Toguro (YYH)

2. Byakuran (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

3. Ragyo (Kill la Kill)

I'll stop here and let more people put villains up before taking more big names :D.

Post by phantomrant (1,302 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I'll give some descriptions without spoling too much

Askeladd (Vinland Saga) - A very, very awesome villain, although I do see him more as an "anti-villain", but the villanous presence is still there. Despite being described by himself to be a "wicked man" for decades, there is a shred of nobility behind Askeladd's motives, and said nobility has some selflessness behind them. He MAKES part 1 of Vinland Saga GREAT. Never would the series be quite as good as it was had it not had such a major villain, driving the plot of the first half of the story, and being a central part of the main character's idealogy. The despicable villanly and ruthlessness behind his actions are simply too climatic and amazing (you'll likely be telling yourself on how Askeladd is when you see him do his thing). And cunning, cunning is probably the best thing to describe Askeladd with. I mean, this guy is just so evil that he is genuinely appreciated.

Johan Liebert - Classic choice. The subtelty in his motive makes Johan the mysterious, intelligent, and manipulative villain that he is. He pulls the story together - offsetting tragedies, turning Monster into a mystery adventure, pulling off various murders, uh... the innocent evil that is within him makes him one of the epitomic examples of "manipulator" in anime/manga.

Dio Brando - Evil, evil, evil. He may lack the panel time and complexity as some other villains (Kars, Kira, Enrico), but for some reason, he has endured to be the most interesting villain in the series.

Griffith - The best example of the "Anti-Christ" in manga/anime. Gah, anyone who has read the series will not hesitate to nominate this guy.

Aizen - I find him to still be the superior villain in Bleach.

The Major (Hellsing) - Evil, wicked, Nazi (although curiously, he hasn't really showed any Nazi ideals in the series, at least not in the sense of racial/national superiority. I have a feeling that like Hans Landa, he couldn't give a shat about that), makes brillant dramatic speeches, and was the one responsible for ending Hellsing on a high note, and probably why some people called it Hirano's "masterpiece".

The Chairman from Assassination Classroom- hehe this dick.

@phantomrant: I take it you will be submitting nomination and second votes for whomever you just posted about?

Post by phantomrant (1,302 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Dream said:

@phantomrant: I take it you will be submitting nomination and second votes for whomever you just posted about?

yeah

@phantomrant: Counted.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,835 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I second DIO.

Post by takashichea (11,068 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Nominating this guy from Psycho-Pass: Shōgo Makishima.

@SpeedForceSpider:

Second vote and nomination accepted.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,835 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Dream: Awesome man!

Bump

I'm trying to wait for more people but I'll go ahead and second Younger Toguro for now.

@taichokage: Done

Awesome. If no one posts more nominees by this evening I'll nominate 4 or 5 more.
Post by Yuno_Shiki (91 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Hmmm

Cell

Frieza

Lordgenome (AKA Anti-Spiral) --- Gurren Lagaan

Sanetoshi Watase --- Penguidrum

Madara Uchiha

Rank as my picks tonight

@Yuno_Shiki: Only character I'm not taking is Momiji, since her motives seem more intent on maintaining natural order for the world from what I'm looking up on her.

Post by takashichea (11,068 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@Yuno_Shiki: @Dream:

Dream is right. Momiji is like a freenemy.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,705 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Surefire Nominees:

Rue Kuroha / Princess Kraehe: She acted as a friend to Ahiru (Princess Tutu), but her goal is to get rid of her and to halt the return of her boyfriend Myutho's feelings. She even attempts to have Princess Tutu vanish forever by trying to have her verbally confess her love as set by Drosselmeyer.

Apos: He eats the memories of his victims and happens to be uncaring for his own morals as his only focus is on the "Angels" and "Immortals" (The male and female transformations of the Time Fruit, respectively). He has done many misdeeds to capture Rin Asogi and eat her memories, including hiring others to hunt her down, raping someone close to her and deliberately exposing the existence of the Time Fruit (and its results) to the public to his own amusement.

Light Yagami - Used the Death Note to eradicate criminals, but later used it for his own means and to cover the tricks under a guise.

Cerebrum - The clear adversary of the Tarot Warriors by implanting Daemonia Tarot cards into people and turning them into monsters capable of destroying more lives as they come. He also has a sick and twisted goal for the Sun Tarot warrior to fulfill.

Diva - The twin sister of Saya who became a monster as she was released from her prison cell one day. Despite her charming appearance, she has no compassion for humans, and as the Chiropteran queen, she sent many of them after Saya in order to kill her. Her other misdeeds include many reckless murders on her own accord and the rape-murder of a chevalier of Saya's.

The "Maybe" Category:

Kyubey - While he harbors no emotions or feelings for other people, he manages to find a way to maintain a stronghold against entropy only to create a much bigger problem for the Magical Girls that he chooses. He does give them one wish, but they often become curses and it even became a danger to the entire world.

Lordgenome aka Anti-Spiral? They are 2 different characters. I assume you were nominating both? Well they're both up there so I guess it doesn't matter.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel