Anime Club?

Topic started by Neku on April 30, 2009. Last post by InfiniteGeass 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Neku (198 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Just tossing around an idea for a book club-like Anime (or Manga) Club. We would assign a reasonably short and already finished anime (or manga) for us to all watch and comment about. Any thoughts, support or recommendations?
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Neku said:
"Just tossing around an idea for a book club-like Anime (or Manga) Club. We would assign a reasonably short and already finished anime (or manga) for us to all watch and comment about. Any thoughts, support or recommendations?"

i made mine already at my school i even got my oun t-shert check it out!!

and we made are oun skit, but i dount no how to download movies on website!!
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Neku said:
"Just tossing around an idea for a book club-like Anime (or Manga) Club. We would assign a reasonably short and already finished anime (or manga) for us to all watch and comment about. Any thoughts, support or recommendations?"
Are you tossing around this idea at your local school/library/community, or are you wanting this to be an online club. I could see a book-club-ish venture working online, with this fandom's usually large presence on message boards.

Either way, the idea sounds interesting, having your members watch series outside of club instead of inside of club. The only issue I can see is everyone may not have access to the series outside of club.

Please feel free to draw out the idea more here. I'm interested in this discussion.
Niko said:
"Neku said:
Are you tossing around this idea at your local school/library/community, or are you wanting this to be an online club. I could see a book-club-ish venture working online, with this fandom's usually large presence on message boards. Either way, the idea sounds interesting, having your members watch series outside of club instead of inside of club. The only issue I can see is everyone may not have access to the series outside of club. Please feel free to draw out the idea more here. I'm interested in this discussion."
Yeah, it would definitely be online, and more of a discussion. We would pick an anime (or manga) to read/watch, set spoiler marks by the week and talk about the series. I guess a current example would be RebelFM's GameClub, but with anime and a topic discussion, instead of one on a podcast.
If the thread was just for people who read the manga/watched the anime, then you could probably do without spoiler tags. It would be easier that way, and people who get spoiled should have known better.
Niko said:
"If the thread was just for people who read the manga/watched the anime, then you could probably do without spoiler tags. It would be easier that way, and people who get spoiled should have known better. "
No, I'm talking about starting an anime that few have watched, and then talk about it while you watch it.
Post by Lunarmoth (193 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I'm am part of the Tulsa Anime Organization (TAO). It been going on for some time, and the leaders goals are to go non-profit and to at least set up a 1 day con.
We kinda vote on show to watch and hang out. You can maybe go check out TAO site. But key parts are to have good structure and got to have good leadership.
Neku said:
"Niko said:
"If the thread was just for people who read the manga/watched the anime, then you could probably do without spoiler tags. It would be easier that way, and people who get spoiled should have known better. "
No, I'm talking about starting an anime that few have watched, and then talk about it while you watch it.
"
Ok, I get you now. Then yes, spoiler tags might be a good idea.
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I would definitely join if you got the ball rolling. I think it would need it's own topic each week or a specific place to discuss it.
InfiniteGeass said:
"I would definitely join if you got the ball rolling. I think it would need it's own topic each week or a specific place to discuss it."
Yeah. I guess the only question now is which anime/manga we should start with.
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
It is up to you dude. You are the one who wants to start this. I think it should probably be one most people haven't seen though.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel