Anime Cliches you hate?

Topic started by LuffyDUzumaki on June 16, 2011. Last post by LuffyDUzumaki 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by LuffyDUzumaki (161 posts) See mini bio Level 9
For me its the useless female character,the overpowered villain and the spiky haired main character.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
the stereotypical goody goody shonen heroes. There are exeptions, but for the most part i despise guys like that *cough* ichigo *cough*
@Haofan123
i know what you mean
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,456 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@LuffyDUzumaki: haha i never thought about the spikey hair thing, what characters do u not like?
@Jinbeifan1
I hate ichigo he just doesnt have the personality luffy and naruto have and I also hate natsu from fairy tail. Other than that 9 times out of 10 they always have to give the main characters spiky hair.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Super emo and the dumb revenge one to

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Total overkill of the following:

1. Overpowered Villains

2. Spiky Hair *cough DBZ cough*

3. Weak support characters (one character is almost overpowered, while the others are sub-par with their powers)

4. Emo characters (like what Destinyheroknight said)

5. Stupid male characters (seen in most harem/ecchi shows...it was painful to watch the embarrassment to men that was Natsuru Seno in Kampfer [while in male form])

@Destinyheroknight: like in deadmans wonderland? i forget the main char name

@Jinbeifan1:

I can understand Ganta (that his name) I talking about ones like Shinji

@Destinyheroknight: yea ganta has a good reason(poor bastard) but ive never seen the one with shinji, prolly never will if i do ll prolly hate it lol

@Jinbeifan1:

I just say this Daddy problems

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I really hate the super chirpy little girl characters like Yachiru and Nel from Bleach, ugh they are so freaking annoying.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Tsundere. All of them.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Boobies..... Large boobies bouncing. I feel like they're going to smack me in the face. ~.~
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,334 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I am fine with emo characters as long as the reason is somewhat justified.Like in Afro Samurai where the main character's parents are killed.
I hate the shonen heros who eat allot,fight for their  friends , are idiots and are overpowered.  
I hate the idea among some internet fans that anything outside of the HST is better then the HST(No,hellsing is not better then One Piece and Naruto ,killing Nazi Vampires is a shitty plot.No,DBZ is not better then Naruto and One Piece cause it is more popular guess what Justin Bieber is popular too.)
I hate slow paced fights *cough*Bleach*cough*Dragon ball z*cough*.

@Haofan123

As much as I hate Ichigo , I wouldn't say he is the typical shounen hero as he lacks the idiot part and the eating allot part. But he is bland as hell and he is the main character with the worst character development in the HST and Bleach has the worst character development in the HST.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@mrassh0le said:

I hate the idea among some internet fans that anything outside of the HST is better then the HST(No,hellsing is not better then One Piece and Naruto ,killing Nazi Vampires is a shitty plot.No,DBZ is not better then Naruto and One Piece cause it is more popular guess what Justin Bieber is popular too.)

But really it's up to what each person like, you know? I don't like any of the HST because my tastes are different. I'll say that the Black Butler manga is better than One Piece because Black Butler is more to my tastes than One Piece.
Post by Dream (8,274 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
Congrats. You've driven me to do a Top 10... :P

My Top 10 Most Hated Anime Cliches
10. Female characters with ridiculously large boobs.
9.  Romantic developments between the main couple getting repeatedly interrupted by the arrival of other characters or other situations (Ai Yori Aoshi, Onegai Teacher, Kimagure Orange Road, Maison Ikkoku)
8. Shounen anime's love of creating heroes who are clueless about anything besides battle or protecting others from evil.
7. Characters in an action series bragging about their new power upgrade, secret technique, battle strategy, etc... in the middle of a battle. (any shounen action anime franchise).
6. Overpowered villains. (Naraku from Inuyasha, Aizen from Bleach)
5. Characters in an action series who are battered to the point of defeat yet they keep pressing on in a fight and somehow manage to pull a win out of their rears. (DBZ, Naruto, Bleach)
4. Female characters behaving and/or dressing promiscuously in an anime for no reason other than to arouse the male audience.
3. Shallow villains out to take over/ destroy the world/ universe for no apparent reason (Muska from Laputa, Hamdo from Now and Then Here and There, Father from Full Metal Alchemist, any DBZ baddie)
2. Weak-willed female characters who need the male lead to help give them a confidence boost (Many female characters from Kanon, Air and Clannad)
1. Moeblob characters (Lucky Star a notorious example)
Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Characters with excessive Transformations and forms. 1 or 2 are OK but 3 4 5 !!! come on now

The female characters who are there just for eye-candy, does get tedious after a while.

The cocky A-hole rival to the main protagonist, it get old to me after seeing it so many times.

Post by Kurohige (3,755 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Dream
I am a noob and shall slit my stomach for the disgrace but what is Moeblob?
Post by Bellum (127 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Excuse me whilest I suck the soul out of your eyeballs:

Faux Action Girls

Explain Your Power / Calling Your Attacks

Hollywood Tactics (Not limited to Anime, but really gets on my nerves) 

Each and every one of these can be found in my favorite Anime, though. :P
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel